DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Year's Day Sunset in CT- View of Manhattan Skyline

Carlos de Castro

Reactions

Here's a video I shot on New Year's Day in Connecticut within a couple of miles of where I live . It is unedited, and probably over-sharpened. I didn't notice it until afterwards, but you can actually see part of the Manhattan skyline near the horizon. On the next clear day, I will go 5 miles closer to see if I can get more of the skyline.

Amazing what you didn't think you could see, until you get 100 feet in the air. I agree it's a tiny bit oversharpened - there is a light halo surrounding every dark edge. The music sounds like some epic "fight is brewing" scene, where the elf makes bold speeches about a red dawn. Great shot.

Yes I see the halo. It's not as noticeable on my 4K tv as my computer. I pulled the music from YouTube and it was the first one I found that I had the same length. For some reason when you trim in YouTube, then add music, it reduces the resolution.

Funny thing is, that I found this park because some cop kicked me out of the park closest to where I live. This park is way better. Sometimes, I think cops are making this stuff up, because they don't like drones. There's nothing posted, nothing online, and I was flying over water in the middle of winter.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+