DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newb questions

Lolo1234

Reactions
So like a lot of others here I am pretty excited about the Mavic Pro! This will be my first drone! I ordered through massdrop which from what I gather will most likely take some extra time which I guess I can live with since it will save me ~$100.

First question I have is the difference in or best ios app to use? I see dji go, dji vision and dji assistant in the App Store.

The other question I have is video editing software. I have a five year old or so imac with I believe core i5 and 8gb ram. I was planning on playing around with imovie in the beginning but from there If I want more tools final cut pro or adobe premier pro?

My plan is to play around with it in the beginning taking it with me on hikes, off-roading, and snow sports. If I enjoy it enough I may try to turn it into a side gig/business.

Any tips, tricks app recommendations and or bashing are welcome
Thanks guys

is the difference in or best ios app to use? I see dji go, dji vision and dji assistant in the App Store.
Only DJI GO is compatible with the Mavic.

Welcome to the forum, @Lolo1234. The only DJI app that is compatible with the Mavic Pro is the DJI GO App. The DJI Vision app is for the Vision+ and the DJI Assistant is for the Ronin.

As for video editing software, I'm going to leave a link to another thread that is discussing this so we can keep the information in one place: What editing software?

My quick answer would be that you've got the right idea starting with iMovie and progressing from there. Final Cut Pro is very similar to iMovie as far as the environment goes. It obviously has many more features than iMovie. Adobe Premiere is very powerful but has a small learning curve if you've never operated in the Adobe Suite environment.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your Mavic!

Reactions: jowens
Use that $100 you saved to get one of these (or like 3 of these...wow they're cheap) in the meantime, and get to practicing. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.

If you can keep a super cheap Chinese quad in the air you'll have no problem flying a middle-tier Chinese quad like the Mavic :)

Initially you'll be limited to DJI Go for flying the Mavic. I imagine it won't be long before programs like Litchi, Autopilot (Apple-only), & Ultimate Flight are updated for manual and/or autonomous Mavic flights. On editing you may find you want to record in 1080 with your current computer setup.

So like a lot of others here I am pretty excited about the Mavic Pro! This will be my first drone! I ordered through massdrop which from what I gather will most likely take some extra time which I guess I can live with since it will save me ~$100.

First question I have is the difference in or best ios app to use? I see dji go, dji vision and dji assistant in the App Store.

The other question I have is video editing software. I have a five year old or so imac with I believe core i5 and 8gb ram. I was planning on playing around with imovie in the beginning but from there If I want more tools final cut pro or adobe premier pro?

My plan is to play around with it in the beginning taking it with me on hikes, off-roading, and snow sports. If I enjoy it enough I may try to turn it into a side gig/business.

Any tips, tricks app recommendations and or bashing are welcome
Thanks guys

The word from Auto Flight Logic is that Autopilot should be compatible with the Mavic within about a month of the Mavics beginning to ship.

If you can keep a super cheap Chinese quad in the air you'll have no problem flying a middle-tier Chinese quad like the Mavic :)

That's what I'm hoping... I can keep the Hubsan X4 going pretty well, but the drift and flaky controls get the best of me on occasion. I'm certainly hoping that the more advanced intelligence on the Mavic helps me out.

That's what I'm hoping... I can keep the Hubsan X4 going pretty well, but the drift and flaky controls get the best of me on occasion. I'm certainly hoping that the more advanced intelligence on the Mavic helps me out.
If you can fly the Hubsan you should be fine... figure 8 until you can do it without hitting walls

If you can fly the Hubsan you should be fine... figure 8 until you can do it without hitting walls

Ha!... I need some more cheapo props first. My favorite pastime lately is torturing my dog with it only about a foot or two off the ground. I can chase him around pretty good, so it's good practice (and no...no dogs were harmed in the making of this post).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60