DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbe. 1st flight using DJI GS Pro app on iPad

Cut.Aussie

Reactions
Hi, new member and new to DJI products through have been flying quads for over 6 years now.

Noticed an announcement of a new release of the DJI Ground Station app for iPad, now called DJI GS Pro so I downloaded it to my iPad Pro mast night, very similar to Ground Station program for APM flight controllers.

Took my Mavic out to the local regional park with the dog, let the dog run free off lead and made two test flights using the new software to fully control my (brand new) Mavic.

First flight was very simple, basically a 4 waypoint track around an area the size of a football field. Very nervous but it went well so I sat at park bench and setup a much larger track with 12 waypoints, covering a total distance of a bit over 1km in length and climbing to a hill top and back down. Ended up guessing I needed around 80m of altitude to safely make it over the hill and increased the corner radius to 10meters to get smoother turns.

Very happy to report the flight went exactly as expected, this seems pretty good software considering the price which is free.

Nigel

Looks interesting just down loaded it and going to take it out and try it tomorrow

Hi, new member and new to DJI products through have been flying quads for over 6 years now.

Noticed an announcement of a new release of the DJI Ground Station app for iPad, now called DJI GS Pro so I downloaded it to my iPad Pro mast night, very similar to Ground Station program for APM flight controllers.

Took my Mavic out to the local regional park with the dog, let the dog run free off lead and made two test flights using the new software to fully control my (brand new) Mavic.

First flight was very simple, basically a 4 waypoint track around an area the size of a football field. Very nervous but it went well so I sat at park bench and setup a much larger track with 12 waypoints, covering a total distance of a bit over 1km in length and climbing to a hill top and back down. Ended up guessing I needed around 80m of altitude to safely make it over the hill and increased the corner radius to 10meters to get smoother turns.

Very happy to report the flight went exactly as expected, this seems pretty good software considering the price which is free.

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Which software version are you running on the RC and Mavic please?

Thanks,

Tim

This is a screen capture, see the top line item called Flight Record, you don't need to be connected to either the remote or the Mavic to replay the flight

453c0aad2d4d1064e81f798c689bc07c.jpg

Reactions: Soundtekk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS