DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie problems with Mavic video.

cj cake

Reactions
I just started playing with my Mavic Pro. This is my first quad copter and I have only flown it a couple times. So far it flys fine, but the video is terrible looking. I am using the micro sd card that came with the Mavic so I am sure it is not a low quality card, but the video is extremely choppy. Almost like I am watching a slide show of pictures set to switch every second rather than a video. Can someone explain how I need to change the video settings to fix this.

Sent from my SM-T550 using MavicPilots mobile app

Usually this is because your computer can't deal with 4K.
However, download the files to the machine if you haven't already because playing over a USB cable or SD card reader might be the bottleneck even if you have USB3.
If still won't work try recording at 2.7K or 1080p.

Sometimes a different Media Player will cope better, it can be a Codec issue but the DJI video files are pretty standard .MOV or .MP4

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A running the MXPlayer and VLC apps. I downloaded the video from the SD card into the tablet. This made no difference.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

I've encountered similar issue after I changed the fps to 24 from 40+ fps, may try to tune up the fps rate and see...

I've encountered similar issue after I changed the fps to 24 from 40+ fps, may try to tune up the fps rate and see...

Have you only tried the tablet? I doubt that thing has nearly the capability it needs to play 4k video. If you upload the file to dropbox or google drive I'd be happy to test it on my computer for you.

I read somewhere that the Samsung tablets and phones don't natively support something or other in DJI drones' videos- my phone gives me an error message whenever I try to play a Mavic MP4 on the built-in video player (Galaxy Note 4), and this isn't 4k video either- it's 1280x780 video at 30 fps, just to make sure that wasn't the bottleneck.

It might be the hardware- when I play the same file on my Dell Inspiron laptop, it plays just fine with no "chop" or noticable quality issues up to 2.7k- haven't bothered shooting 4k, since I don't own a screen that can display it or have video editing software.

I was able to download the video file into the hard drive of my work computer today. I did this in case there was an issue with the speed that the computer was able to read through the USB port to the SD card adapter. I used the QuickTime program to open the file since it was a. Mov file. And it seemed to be running a lot better but was still rather choppy and so did a little bit of investigating and it appears thr fps rate was probably too high.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: frankiez
I recorded another video in 2.7k at the lower frame rate. Can someone look at it and tell me what you think of it?
Dropbox - DJI_0007.MOV

I also have a picture that has the "watercolor" look to it. Is this normal for the Mavic? I read online that some of the images from Mavic have this quality to them. Is it me or do they look somewhat fake or cartoonish?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4eg974t62aze1al/DJI_0004.JPG?dl=0

Last edited:
I think It looks great,love the green grass,ours in Michigan is brown.wish I had the nad's to fly that high.lol

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo