DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Question about apps.

elevendriver

Reactions
I have just ordered my Mavic Pro. I had a Phantom 3 advanced until it met with an untimely death. I was looking for the DJI app to have it preloaded on my phone and I noticed lots of terrible reviews. What are you guys using to run the Mavic Pro? I have heard about litchi (spelling?) but am leery of not using the "factory app" any advice and or suggestions much appreciated. My apologies if this has already been covered in another thread.

DJI GO 4 has always worked for well with my Mavic. And you'll need to start with it since it's needed to register your Mavic. If you find it does not meet your needs, then check out some of the other commonly used DJI GO alternatives here.

Reactions: elevendriver
I too am fairly new. Whenever DJI releases updates, really downgrades at first, there are problems of all sorts. People post here and on other forums, many of the problems are user error mainly because there is no instruction anywhere on how to use DJI Go or DJI Go 4, sometimes just the order of connecting and turning on things can make a difference. So there is lots of teeth gnashing and hair tearing. It eventually settles down. Then even more confusion arises as new "downgrades" are released for the programs in the drone itself. More of whats above. And all that gets confused by another program no newbie would ever guess exists, Assistant. The farther down this rathole you descend the more you learn about things you never would have thought would be necessary to fly a drone. My RC Truggy is a plug and play device. And lo and behold it comes with Instructions. Real do this push that instructions. So be patient. I am running DJI Go4 version 7 and firmware for the hardware version 700. Works perfectly on my Samsung tablet, has problems on my samsung phone. Difference Marshmallow on tablet Nougat on phone. I have never and will never have an Apple product. So I cannot comment at all on those.

My advice read as much as you can. Watch various videos on YouTube about the Mavic. Fly in beginner mode until you are totally familiar with flying your Mavic. If you think you are ready for full on mode, do two more beginner flights. LOL At least the Mavic is one whole lot easier to fly than my Phantom 3 standard.

Good luck and welcome to Mavic everything

Go4 app is great. The bad reviews may be for its spotty integration with the android OS.

I have had no problems with DJI Go 4. I allways upgrades to the latest firmware when it is released. I use iPhone 7 plus.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada