DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Question (Forward Sensor Calibration)

timesnaps

Reactions
As the title says, I like to know whats the correct way to calibrate the forward sensors. Just had a successful first flight, but before that I had this warning message. When I tried to calibrate, according to the instructions, didnt work. I tried a few times actually holding the Mavic in different ways, but no luck. In the end I decided to ignore it, as I was flying in a very open space.

But I would still like to get to the bottom of this. The screen looks like in the attached file. Not even sure how you get to this menu (I had accessed it from the warning message)

Thanks for any answers

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-29-06-25-53_dji.go.v4.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-29-06-25-53_dji.go.v4.png
    84 KB · Views: 41
Here's a good how-to video:

thanks, I know (and watched) this video, but it doesnt address the problem I am having in not getting it calibrated according to the on screen instruction

If you use a laptop screen.... have you tried another monitor?

OK, little update here:

So, after getting fed up with the error message (which didnt seem to affect flight or take off ability), I tried it again. This time using part of the floor in the house. I pointed the Mavic downward with his forward sensors. Had to draw about 5 squares, but eventually said it successfully calibrated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya