DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Question

bsshog40

Reactions
So I have my mavic. I've only flown it once for about 4 minutes. Lol I work til dark so not much opportunity to fly right now and this is basically my first drone. Anyway, the default fly setting was in beginners mode and I made sure all obstacle avoidance sensors are on. My question is about RTH mode in beginner mode. The beginner mode is limited to, I think, 30m up or distance. So if I want to verify my RTH is working, can I do this in beginners mode? Will it ascend to the beginner elevation and then land? Just curious. Thanks!

If more than 16 feet away from the home point, it'll ascend to the RTH altitude or 30m (the lower of the two) and then return to the home point. Check out the Mavic manual for more details on how the RTH feature works.

If more than 16 feet away from the home point, it'll ascend to the RTH altitude or 30m (the lower of the two) and then return to the home point. Check out the Mavic manual for more details on how the RTH feature works

I have the manual downloaded, but I didn't see anything that mentioned operations in beginner mode. Is this the same as P-Mode?

Well I read the manual also and it really gives no description of Beginners Mode. So I guess I'll just make sure I'm in a clear area to test the rth mode.

The DJI GO app has the best description for Beginner Mode. It states the following:

"In Beginner Mode, aircraft will only fly at restricted speed within a radius of 30 meters around the Home Point."

With the exception of restricting the max altitude of the Mavic when in Beginner Mode, RTH works exactly as described in the Mavic manual. That's why I pointed you there for more information about the RTH feature ;)

The DJI GO app has the best description for Beginner Mode. It states the following:

"In Beginner Mode, aircraft will only fly at restricted speed within a radius of 30 meters around the Home Point."

With the exception of restricting the max altitude of the Mavic when in Beginner Mode, RTH works exactly as described in the Mavic manual. That's why I pointed you there for more information about the RTH feature ;)
I just read the downloaded manual this morning. I guess I missed it somehow. Sorry! Thank you for your my friend!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121