DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie questions

Bobthegod

Reactions
I got my Mavic today. Not new to flying been doing it a while, however I am new this stage of technology being so advanced. I did the setup and got everything going.....did the beginner flights and all went perfectly. I do have couple of questions I haven't seen addressed in the forum, or I haven't looked in the right places.
They are;

1. In the beginner mode every few seconds the controller beeps with nothing displayed on the screen. Why the beep then?

2. When the craft is sitting there's a fan that turns on right behind the gimble. I'm not complaining about the fan I'm glad it goes on and is cooling something but I haven't seen any mention of this fan anywhere. It'll even go on just sitting there while I test the camera settings. Any ideas?

1. Its the camera's auto focus on an object . As a new object is acquired in the center of the viewfinder the app beeps to let one know that focus has been obtained.
2. Perfectly fine. There are multiple processors within the Mavic Pro that generate a good deal of heat when operating. A fan is needed to help dissipate that heat.

Reactions: Drone Master
It only runs when it needs to. Flying in cool weather, it will likely not kick on. I've never heard mine run except when it's inside sitting on the table while am fiddling with it or doing updates. Even then, it takes a couple of minutes for it to kick on from a cold start.

Yep!!! Just as I thought but never hurts to confirm everything. Thanks BD0G and SkyRider appreciate the response.

1. Its the camera's auto focus on an object . As a new object is acquired in the center of the viewfinder the app beeps to let one know that focus has been obtained.
2. Perfectly fine. There are multiple processors within the Mavic Pro that generate a good deal of heat when operating. A fan is needed to help dissipate that heat.

Don't have my Mavic yet to comment however could the beeping not also be from obstacle avoidance as it's not clear from the original post?

OP - Can you confirm if you were near obstacles and if it was the obstacle avoidance beep you may or may not have heard based on what you were doing?

EDIT: Ah wait I should've read the post better. Nothing on screen and general beep wouldn't indicate obstacle.

Don't have my Mavic yet to comment however could the beeping not also be from obstacle avoidance as it's not clear from the original post?

OP - Can you confirm if you were near obstacles and if it was the obstacle avoidance beep you may or may not have heard based on what you were doing?

EDIT: Ah wait I should've read the post better. Nothing on screen and general beep wouldn't indicate obstacle.

Correct! Thats why I indicated it was autofocus alerting of focus obtained.

For Obstacle Avoidance beeping to kick in there is a rounded green line at the top of the screen and then green and red status indicators that follow that line below it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair