DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie S/N help

cbeech1980

Reactions
Hey guys,

I'm looking at buying my first drone and am wanting to go down the Mavic pro route.

It's an expensive toy so am looking at getting a second hand one to try and save a bit of cash.

I've been in touch with DJI and they've said they would verify a serial number to prove authenticity of a device - happy so far - but the question I have is, if I'm looking at a BNIB sealed mavic, is the serial printed anywhere on the outside of the box?

I'm hoping it is, but having never seen the real box (they're just fakes in best but) I don't know!

Thanks,

Chris

I've never seen a fake DJI Mavic. Even if fakes exist, you should certainly check out what's inside the box in case a fake is being shipped inside a real Mavic box.

Thanks, I'm also worried about it being stolen - my assumption is that a diligent owner would report a drone stolen to DJI so they would have a record of it.

PS Is the serial on the box?? :)

To answer your question, yes. The serial is on the box on a sticker. So if you want to be very safe, you can ask for both a picture of the s/n on the drone, and on the box.

Where do you intend to buy your Mavic? Online, Craiglist, eBay? Cash, Paypal or credit card?

Are you looking for a second hand one, meaning used and already flown, or a new in box? You mention both.

If you are worried about someone selling you a stolen drone, best stick to buying it new from Best Buy, or most big box stores or online big retailers.

If youre looking to save money and buy a used one, then yes you can check with DJI, or just ask the seller for his original receipt with serial number.

I went looking in shops for Mavic serial numbers to build my serial database, back when I was nutting out the build date coding. Fly More packs came sealed in a nondescript brown cardboard box with the Mavic and Fly More boxes (Displaying the serials) packed inside and no visible serial number on outside. He was reluctant to open the box unless I was going to buy it. Shouldn't worry you though as you will be able to open and see.

Anyway you can check the build date of any individual Mavic that you are looking to buy at @liebowa 's excellent

Mavic Serial Number Decoder

This could be useful info to check provenance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka