DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Southern NH/ SW Florida

neggy

Reactions
Got my Mavic last Thursday, took my Part 107 exam today ( Monday), I will complete the application soon and become "legal" so I can fly around my neighborhood. I have several small airports/heliports within a 5 mile radius. I am going to drop letters to them and put them on notice I will be in the air.

I have been flying in my yard, at a whole 6 feet AGL, getting the communications linked and doing "turns around a point" in Tripod mode in order to get used to the controller. ( Please no comments on my bad behavior)

I have some places I want to go check out, but I don't have a case of " go-itis" so I will wait until my paperwork is in order and I am sure I have full control of the aircraft. For what this thing set me back, I want to make sure it does not get damaged or lost.

I am looking forward to getting this to my house in Florida, where I only have 1 airport near me, a fly in residential community.... They will get a phone call ahead of time, should not be an issue as 400' and 3 miles away is plenty of separation , assuming a pattern altitude of 1000' AGL

I already have a plan to get some video of the various gators who reside in my neighborhood on video. Pictures I have plenty of... happiness is a good 300mm lens ... but I'd like some video for grins.... and maybe a trip to go find some Manatees and Dolphins.

Thanks for having me !

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Got my Mavic last Thursday, took my Part 107 exam today ( Monday), I will complete the application soon and become "legal" so I can fly around my neighborhood. I have several small airports/heliports within a 5 mile radius. I am going to drop letters to them and put them on notice I will be in the air.

I have been flying in my yard, at a whole 6 feet AGL, getting the communications linked and doing "turns around a point" in Tripod mode in order to get used to the controller. ( Please no comments on my bad behavior)

I have some places I want to go check out, but I don't have a case of " go-itis" so I will wait until my paperwork is in order and I am sure I have full control of the aircraft. For what this thing set me back, I want to make sure it does not get damaged or lost.

I am looking forward to getting this to my house in Florida, where I only have 1 airport near me, a fly in residential community.... They will get a phone call ahead of time, should not be an issue as 400' and 3 miles away is plenty of separation , assuming a pattern altitude of 1000' AGL

I already have a plan to get some video of the various gators who reside in my neighborhood on video. Pictures I have plenty of... happiness is a good 300mm lens ... but I'd like some video for grins.... and maybe a trip to go find some Manatees and Dolphins.

Thanks for having me !
Howdy from Wyoming neggy, welcome to the community and congratulations on your achievement. Plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to MavicPilots. You’ve come to the right place if you are seeking advice, chat, buying or selling you drone, or simply just to say hello. If you need any parts, supplies, or repairs, Im here to help.

Congrats on your 107!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121