DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ dynamically update?

Glide

Reactions
Hi folks.

Not sure if anyone has had this happen. I updated my firmware today - not sure which version I was on, but I only updated in January last. Anyway... immediately I was told that I can't fly because of a NFZ... I know for sure that wasn't the case - been flying here for 6 months without any warnings. 10 minutes ago, tried again and still got the NFZ message, but then it cleared up about 2 minutes later by itself. Is the DJI app now pulling dynamic NFZ lists when you launch the app?

Any idea why this NFZ suddenly appeared and then was gone later?

Attachments

• IMG_1884.PNG
    IMG_1884.PNG
    740.2 KB · Views: 67
Those orange circles on your screen shot are depicting TFR's (Temporary Flight Restrictions) that are currently in effect for that area. That is generally the result of VIP flights into a particular area. It not only affects drone flight but flights of any type of aircraft. Probably it's Mr. Trump visiting NYC.

Those orange circles on your screen shot are depicting TFR's (Temporary Flight Restrictions) that are currently in effect for that area. That is generally the result of VIP flights into a particular area. It not only affects drone flight but flights of any type of aircraft. Probably it's Mr. Trump visiting NYC.

Thanks Walt! That makes sense then...

assuming if I put my phone in aeroplane mode it won't DL the temporary NFZ list?

Reactions: NaiveFlight
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000