DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Error - Someone Please Help

AshC

Reactions
I am currently on holiday in Tuscany Italy and am unable to fly my Mavic due to a constant NFZ 'can not fly'

I have driven to 12 different location that have no restrictions showing and still Receive NFZ 'can not fly'

I have sent 3 emails to dji flysafe and have not received a response in 5 days. I have spoken to online support 4 times. They have confirmed the areas are not NFZ but are unable to help.

I have all the latest firmware and apps, and have even tried Litchi, but also doesn't work.

I am assuming it's something to do with my iPhone 7 settings but ok out of ideas.

Someone please help

Attachments

• IMG_7706.JPG
    IMG_7706.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7707.JPG
    IMG_7707.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 75
Does the app show you have adequate satellites - icon not red, not sure exact number required.
Recent updates make your location by default NFZ until it gets GPS lock.

Reactions: mildim
I am currently on holiday in Tuscany Italy and am unable to fly my Mavic due to a constant NFZ 'can not fly'
I have driven to 12 different location that have no restrictions showing and still Receive NFZ 'can not fly'
I have sent 3 emails to dji flysafe and have not received a response in 5 days. I have spoken to online support 4 times. They have confirmed the areas are not NFZ but are unable to help.
Someone please help

Have you tried to unlock those areas with GEO? Here's the link
BTW have fun in and around Arezzo, wonderful places there :)

On current firmware I've had erroneous NFZ messages when the issue is actually compass interference or lack of GPS reception.

Thanks and Tuscany so beautiful, you can imagine my disappointment with the Mavic! Problem is there are no areas to unlock on GEO. DJI have confirmed it's perfectly fine to fly here

Thanks and Tuscany so beautiful, you can imagine my disappointment with the Mavic! Problem is there are no areas to unlock on GEO. DJI have confirmed it's perfectly fine to fly here

Then thats's sad :(

I am new to Mavic and not sure if my suggestion is basically a stupid one.
Have you tried to turn off GEO on the app or is it this action that prevents flying.

When you try to start the motors do u get a message saying that you are in a NFZ and asking you if you would like to unlock the zone?

I have all the latest firmware and apps, and have even tried Litchi, but also doesn't work.

I am assuming it's something to do with my iPhone 7 settings but ok out of ideas.

Someone please help

Have you tried powering down everything... Turn phone on and put it in airplane mode. Then power up RC and then Mavic. Re-calibrate compass, if all systems check out good, try to fly. If this doesn't work you can try doing a "clean" downgrade of firmware to .550 using Assist.2 software. Unfortunately .400 is no longer available for downgrade. If that doesn't work, I have no other suggestions. Wish you luck!!

I have this now in my back yard. There is a now defunct hello port that has not been in service for more than fifteen years barely 5 miles away. Since it is still listed on the FAA data base and has never been followed up on by such a broke **** antiquated system and DJI uses this data. I can no longer fly in my back yard!

I have this now in my back yard. There is a now defunct hello port that has not been in service for more than fifteen years barely 5 miles away. Since it is still listed on the FAA data base and has never been followed up on by such a broke **** antiquated system and DJI uses this data. I can no longer fly in my back yard!

Which versionwas the firmware update that bricked your back yard & mavic?

Someone please help

Turn off geo and test again

Can you post screen shots of DJI Go showing this error.

Sorry my app only just updated to all your posts.

So I had to clean downgrade firmware and reinstall everything and it worked!

Very annoying

Thanks for all your suggestions

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS