DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Limit Cannot Take Off After .600 Firmware

I also read in another forum that there is a way to "update" the NFZ list? Does anyone know if this is possible in the DJI 4 app? I have looked but can't find anything about updating NFZ.

I just successfully downgraded the drone to .400 and the "NFZ Limit" message on the RC has gone away. Thank goodness for these forums! Had I called DJI, they probably would have said to "send it in."

Is it also recommended that I downgrade the remote controller to .400? That is still running .600. Is that important now that the NFZ Limit message has gone away?

The downgrade process was a headache in Assistant 2. It hung on 86% but rather than turning off the drone, I closed the application and re-opened it. It then continued to 99% where it hung up again. I clicked around to a different menu in Assistant, went back, and the drone woke up and the Assistant 2 menu showed the current version as .400 (???). Even the firmware upgrading/downgrading is buggy!

Now to figure out how to rid of these reminders to upgrade firmware in the app...

Last edited:
Well, I just got the "NFZ Limit" message on the remote controller when I fired up my drone and it will not fly whatsoever. This is strange because it was working great today! I flew it several times and have never seen this message...

It sounds like people are downgrading from the .600 firmware to .550. Will this relieve the issue? Are people downgrading the controller firmware as well or just the drone firmware?
The same thing happened to me...came up unexpectedly and I had not updated any maps. I had on .600, had flown for a few days, and then without any additional updates by me, all of a sudden I was in a NFZ. ?

I posted about it here. DJI supported me on it, but it took some time. You should be able to get resolution from them which can help if you are in your home area, but will take too long if you are traveling.

Is the falsely reported NFZ issue a common problem? I'd like to update to .600 or whatever the next version is, but not if I'll be blocked from flying the darn thing due to bugs.

Reactions: looopson
Looopson you need to downgrade the remote also.

KiterTod I think you will be waiting a long time for the NZB list to shrink or "get fixed". DJI is adding more sites with each update. They will not remove a incorrect site unless they are 100% certain it is incorrect. Your better off trying to get an individual unlock code for that spot or downgrading.

Rob

KiterTod I think you will be waiting a long time for the NZB list to shrink or "get fixed". DJI is adding more sites with each update. They will not remove a incorrect site unless they are 100% certain it is incorrect. Your better off trying to get an individual unlock code for that spot or downgrading.
I admittedly have not read all 10 pages of this thread, but didn't know if false NFZ areas are a common issue. Meaning that the zones the Mavic identifies are not even consistent with the DJI app's "No-fly Zone" listing. That's the disturbing part...

This is what the Mavic internal NFZ looks like for Ver .0600 Apps DB

NFz.jpg

Rob

Looopson you need to downgrade the remote also.

Rob

Okay, thanks. I will also downgrade the remote controller to .400 firmware. I wasn't sure it was important or not since my drone is no longer displaying that NFZ error message anymore since I downgraded that.

I'd really like to be running the latest firmware because I worry about other issues coming up when flying that were addressed between the .400 and .600 update by DJI but I guess I'll just take my chances and stick with .400!

Reactions: Robbyg
I'd really like to be running the latest firmware because I worry about other issues coming up when flying that were addressed between the .400 and .600 update by DJI but I guess I'll just take my chances and stick with .400!

What issues?

Don't be afraid, go for the .400 while you can. No issues, no NFZ
I'm increasingy suspicious of the latest firmware with the 'carrot' of fixed wing mode to encourage uptake.
I've gone back to 400 after continually being plagued with the NFZ warning and recently repeating pop ups of the confirmation geo check box screen even during flight.
We are nowhere near any NFZs - do not need all this sudden aggressive nannying thankyou.

Reactions: KiterTodd
I'm increasingy suspicious of the latest firmware with the 'carrot' of fixed wing mode to encourage uptake.
I've gone back to 400 after continually being plagued with the NFZ warning and recently repeating pop ups of the confirmation geo check box screen even during flight.
We are nowhere near any NFZs - do not need all this sudden aggressive nannying thankyou.

Is .0400 still available? I assumed that with .0700 out, they had removed it.

Well, I just got the "NFZ Limit" message on the remote controller when I fired up my drone and it will not fly whatsoever. This is strange because it was working great today! I flew it several times and have never seen this message.

One thing I noticed is that I did download an offline map of my state between the last time I used my drone earlier and now when I turned it on and got the "NFZ Limit" message. I wonder if that could have triggered this glitch? I deleted the offline map of that state but it didn't remove the message from the remote controller.

It sounds like people are downgrading from the .600 firmware to .550. Will this relieve the issue? Are people downgrading the controller firmware as well or just the drone firmware?

I downgraded FW to ver.400 using DJI Assistant2. Also uninstalled the latest app and installed DJI GO3 ver.3.1.3. and all is back to normal. Very stable with no issues. Staying with this setup until there is a reliable and safe update released that has been tested before I upgrade again. If it isn't broke, don't break it!!

Rob, It was still up last week when I downgraded from .550 to .400 FW. What's funny is about 2 weeks earlier I wanted to downgrade from .600 to .400 the oldest FW available on ASS2 was .550 ??? .400 wasn't listed. But it was listed last week! Strange. Anyhow, I'm back to .400 and happy. Also running app 3.1.3 on tablet and 4.0.4 on my phone.

I actually downgraded yesterday but it is still there this morning if you want to go for it.
Safest to do both Mavic and Controller.
Flown this morning and it seems very stable on .0400

Still on latest app but won't update it further (make sure auto update is off)

Reactions: RAMJET-1
This is what the Mavic internal NFZ looks like for Ver .0600 Apps DB...
How do I go about browsing that map to see if there are any NFZ's around me (that shouldn't be there). Again, interested in the DB you posted which is the internal Mavic one, as opposed to what is in the iOS App.

It works. Flashing .400 now with no internet connection.

When I restored the VM state with the Mavic and remote control connected, but the network disconnected, at the "update failed" screen due to less than 50% battery, I did have to restart the RC a couple of times and plug/replug to get the assistant to recognise everything as connected.

Eventually it worked and I got a "retry" button in the assistant. When I clicked that it said "downloading - 100%" for a while, and I thought it wasn't going to work, but I waited a couple of minutes and sure enough I'm now at 34% through the flashing process.

I'll post back in a while, hopefully to confirm that it's completed.

If this is on Windows 7, couldn't you also shutdown the physical machine, via hibernation, so it saves RAM to a file cache, then use something like Clonezilla to do a DD backup, which in theory should work just as well as the VMsnapshot route?!

I don't know at what point you guys will realize you should be rushing back to .400
I assume the big oh crap moment will be when DJI removes that version and people are stuck.
Ask yourself what features does .600 have that .400 does not have?

Rob
So how do you downgrade to 400 i got many more issues than tat nfz off the screen wd b nice

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929