DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ question

wombat

Reactions
There is a lot of talk about NFZ, if I fly in a NFZ area does that mean i will not be able to take off ?

I have now followed advice from other post's and gone back to 400 FW, because it seems some are having problems with the 600 FW

Although, it may say CANNOT TAKE OFF where it usually says READY TO GO - GPS, what happens when try to start the motors? Mine told me I was in a locked geo zone NFZ but it also asked me if i wanted to unlock it.

Cant comment, still flying mine on FW .400 and GO 4 4.0.5.
The only thing I am missing w/ the latest FW is Fixed Wing in which I don't really care.
And on the latest GO app is find my drone feature of the apps, don't need the other crap included in it.
Is there any body out there flying w/ FW .400 and GO 4 4.0.6 (latest go apps),is this a good combo?

I'm flying FW .4 and Go 4 4.04 and I'm sticking with both into the foreseeable future. If it ain't broke - don't break it! ;)

Reactions: Top Hat
Same here using .4 and IOS ver 4.04 and I am not moving.

New features after .400 are:

Audio Recording: Don't need that but if I did I can just use the phones built in audio recorder and add sound track in post production.

Dual Remotes
: A feature I do like and would love to have, but the goggles are what I am more interested in.

Find Me: This one I don't even understand! You can do the same thing by bringing the Map in the main screen and walking to the drone. I guess they needed to repackage it.

Fixed Wing Mode
: NO THANK YOU! I learned from my RC days that the worst thing you can do is mess around with the default stick commands. It always ends in tears! Also why do I want my drone flying like a RC piper cub with a camera on it?

NFZ Fixes: No thanks, my Mavic has not shown an NFZ message since I went back to .400 and I love the fact that when I drive out to new location I don't have to worry about if my drone is going to take off or not.

Signal Improvements
: :rolleyes: Yeah it's improved (NOT)

Optimizations: Ok if they say so. My RTH, Gimbal Calibration and Hovering have always been perfect.

If you need the above then go for it. I only wish I had stayed back at .0300 before they messed up D-Log in .400. Now I find the D-Log Dynamic Range to be further compressed to the point of being useless. If your a D-Log user you have notice that DJI has not even released a LUT file for the new D-Log. They know it got ruined.

At least ART is back, so that is what I use.

Rob

Reactions: ed1nh0 and Andrew F
Same here using .4 and IOS ver 4.04 and I am not moving.

New features after .400 are:

Audio Recording: Don't need that but if I did I can just use the phones built in audio recorder and add sound track in post production.

Dual Remotes
: A feature I do like and would love to have, but the goggles are what I am more interested in.

Find Me: This one I don't even understand! You can do the same thing by bringing the Map in the main screen and walking to the drone. I guess they needed to repackage it.

Fixed Wing Mode
: NO THANK YOU! I learned from my RC days that the worst thing you can do is mess around with the default stick commands. It always ends in tears! Also why do I want my drone flying like a RC piper cub with a camera on it?

NFZ Fixes: No thanks, my Mavic has not shown an NFZ message since I went back to .400 and I love the fact that when I drive out to new location I don't have to worry about if my drone is going to take off or not.

Signal Improvements
: :rolleyes: Yeah it's improved (NOT)

Optimizations: Ok if they say so. My RTH, Gimbal Calibration and Hovering have always been perfect.

If you need the above then go for it. I only wish I had stayed back at .0300 before they messed up D-Log in .400. Now I find the D-Log Dynamic Range to be further compressed to the point of being useless. If your a D-Log user you have notice that DJI has not even released a LUT file for the new D-Log. They know it got ruined.

At least ART is back, so that is what I use.

Rob
We're birds of a feather in our analysis of the "upgrades." If someone out there hasn't already done so, it would be nice to have a solid archive of past FW's that are accessible and implementable should DJI decide to try to force "upgrades." I just want my bird to fly when I want it to fly.

Reactions: Robbyg
Thank you guys for your feedback, I also do not want Fixed Wing Mode or NFZ, will stick with 400 for now

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair