DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nice compact bag - US $10 @ Walmart

Mavic Raptor

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I know several folks have been looking for good solutions for a carry bag and just thought I'd pass along one that I came across that I'm very happy with. It not only keeps the compact nature of the Mavic, but also has plenty of room for spare batteries, props, and even fits your controller with the phone still attached!

This bag comes in orange/black or navy blue/black.

Bag is $10 at walmart. Here is a picture of the bag and the tag front and back:
Filled_Bag.jpg

Tag_front.jpg

Tag_back.jpg

All you see pictured below will fit nicely into this case:
bag_contents.jpg

This is how you fit it into the case:
open_bag.jpg

If you want a little more protection, I found the following 3pk ditty bags in the camping section of Walmart for $5. The small ditty fits the controller with phone installed perfectly and the medium ditty fits the Mavic Pro perfectly:
with_ditty_bags.jpg

Last edited:
I personally don't want everything packed "snugly" but want lots of air around each part so I can dig in and get what I need. Also have to think about all 3 batts going into discharge at about the same time after 10 days and making sure it doesn't get too warm in there.

My biggest bug is all these bags are usually black inside. Hard to find black stuff in a black bag. I've asked my SO to sew a light liner into my very old small camera bag that is now the MP bag.

I just made this video the other day. I love this bag and was only approx $17 with padding etc

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I personally don't want everything packed "snugly" but want lots of air around each part so I can dig in and get what I need. Also have to think about all 3 batts going into discharge at about the same time after 10 days and making sure it doesn't get too warm in there.

My biggest bug is all these bags are usually black inside. Hard to find black stuff in a black bag. I've asked my SO to sew a light liner into my very old small camera bag that is now the MP bag.

The battery heating item is a good point.....I actually think any case you should be concerned about that, so you may not want to store batteries inside any case. As for digging around and getting what you need, that is another nice thing about the ditty bags...if you leave the cinch strap laying on top of the bags, you can grab the strap and get the controller then mavic out :)

But...your points are certainly well noted.

I just made this video the other day. I love this bag and was only approx $17 with padding etc

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That, too is a nice bag. I didn't show it in the pics, but I also had some old foam laying around from another gun case that allows your to pluck pieces to shape the foam.....I actually added a few pieces inside the bag (back, bottom, top) to provide a little protection from banging.

Reactions: Keaco
Mine, 16.99€.
629538bb22f1dd61eb380e1cc72338d0.jpg
fda7127ac627d0ea3382104d2471781b.jpg
8906cf7c78adeea7f467b458220d2f3d.jpg
0dd0297b9760f4ff5df7cdec10ecff01.jpg
45b6f8d74a38609619ad475f443ae4fb.jpg

That's a very modern and chic looking bag for sure! One thing it wouldn't allow is keeping the phone in the controller while being stored and transported. Most people probably don't care about that as it isn't really a big deal, I just wanted a way to keep from opening and closing the arms of the controller too much....not sure how much wear and tear they can take if opened and closed a lot.

I just wish I could store it in my bag with the added landing gear on. That's the one thing I find to be a pain. Other than that it's great

Sent from my eyePhone using MavicPilots

I just wish I could store it in my bag with the added landing gear on. That's the one thing I find to be a pain. Other than that it's great

Sent from my eyePhone using MavicPilots

I know what you mean. I really like the extra space the landing gear adds to the clearance underneath the Mavic. I was happy I was able to get that to fit in this bag with them on.

Also have to think about all 3 batts going into discharge at about the same time after 10 days and making sure it doesn't get too warm in there.

Keep in mind that it takes several days for the batteries to discharge. They give almost no heat during this time.

Those Ditty bags are interesting. How thick is the bag? Is it padded?

Those Ditty bags are interesting. How thick is the bag? Is it padded?

These bags have no padding. They are basically like the bags that go over folding/portable soft chairs only smaller....thickness is similar to sleeping bag covers.

I bought a $10 travel accessory bag, perfect for drone, charger and 2 batteries.
7b9d081e651f0cbb4fa90759f4c01c51.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa