DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

night flight.. need your feedback please

Those are like night and day compared to my out of focus garbage...

Took a couple last night. Manual focus, ISO 100 and 8" shutter. I'm thinking if I zoom in a bit then a can manual focus better. I'm also working on a 5.5 inch screen. Waiting to get my tablet mount in.

be44cb489b14d11efe752232eff92249.jpg

b98ee3329d2c3b0bd9d40cb2db53f05a.jpg

Please stop trolling these forums. We are trying to maintain helpful and accurate feedback here.
You sire are the troll. Please don't ask people to stop if you disagree. Bullying is not acceptable at any age. Night flight regulations apply to part 107 and that is what I posted a link to.

Please stop trolling these forums. We are trying to maintain helpful and accurate feedback here.
You sir are the troll. I posted info for Part 107 and this applies to part 107 flyers only. Bullying is not acceptable at any age.

@ allnamestaken this is from your same fact sheet, now both of you GTFO!!!

Flying for Fun (recreational or hobby)

3. Does the new Small UAS Rule (part 107) apply to recreational UAS operations?
Part 107 does not apply to UAS flown strictly for fun (hobby or recreational purposes) as long as these unmanned aircraft are flown in accordance with the Special Rule for Model Aircraft (Section 336 of P.L. 112-95). Visit our "Fly for Fun" webpage for safety rules and guidelines that apply to recreational UAS operations. The small UAS rule codifies the provisions of section 336 in part 101 of the FAA's regulations, which will prohibit operating a UAS in manner that endangers the safety of the National Airspace System.
Please don't be disrespectful. I posted part 107 as an FYI. If it doesn't apply to you then say thanks for the info and move on.

You may be just a troll, but in case you are not, literally half of this entire thread is dedicated to the fact that hobbyists are not subject to Part 107 rules.
You sir are trolling. Part 107 not does apply to hobby pilots. It clearly states that. There are many in the thread that do not understand the difference.

To all concerned in this thread
IMG_7921.JPG

Reactions: hanifmavic
People are so concerned about the legalities of flying at night and totally forget not supposed to fly above buildings , within 500 feet ..at least this is the law in Canada.... Just FYI but we all do it but I'm sure soon Transport Canada will begin to enforce big time...

Politeness would start by not breaking the law. Sadly there are always a few that spoil it in the end for many because of their actions.
I am an FAA Certified UAS pilot. I just received my Night Operations Endorsement from Gold Seal. The short course has some very good pre-flight and in-flight guidelines and information on visual factors at night. You need to get a 100% on the test. I also worry that this "hobby" exclusion is going to be a problem for all of us. All FAA rules are focused on safety. Having an untrained "hobbyist" fly at night does not make it safer just because you do not intend to sell the images! To do a night mission requires submitting a VERY detailed application for a waiver - 90 days ahead of time.

I think the FAA will soon clamp down on much of the non-commercial activities like point of view flying. I can't see my Mavic for more than about 200 feet, even with its new yellow skin. As a certified pilot that means I can't fly it more than 200 feet away, during the day, even though it can be controlled several miles away.! At night I might be able to see the strobes at great distance, but would have few visual clues of the surroundings - doubt you would ever get a waiver for a night operation more than a couple hundred feet from RPIC.

Reactions: allnamestaken
This thread is about night time settings and not flying at night legalities. There are plenty of other threads about this topic or you could start your own.

Reactions: bucefalo
This thread is about night time settings and not flying at night legalities. There are plenty of other threads about this topic or you could start your own.
Yep, when you're walking around with a "Part 107" hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Reactions: ISpeekW00kie
IMO, people are going to do what they want regardless. It's their fault if they get caught.

hello everyone,

I'm not and expert at all :p let's start with this statement ahahah

Since i'll be in Shanghai in 1 week i'd LOVE to take some pictures/video of the BUND by night ..

since i'm not conscious of what could go wrong in a night scene (sensors... )
could you suggest me what i should consider? what settings should i have?

OBVIOUSLY i'm not gonna just fly around , i mean i will not just go KM around! what i'd like basically to do is take off.. take some pictures and a short aerial video and then land the drone !

Reactions: bucefalo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU