DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night Flying

The camera view on your screen isn't great, focusing is also difficult. Sunrise and sunsets are good. dead of night without much light - not such a great idea unless you are after a specific shot.

Seems to work great if your flying in a large city full of lit up skyscrapers, but not so good if your in the sticks trying to focus on street lights.

Rob

I set up waypoints during the daytime. Then just launch, load, and let her rip...

I set up waypoints during the daytime. Then just launch, load, and let her rip...
is that how way points work? thats sweet!
Also can i set diff way points for diff areas? how does the mavic know your in a spot you set way points too?

is that how way points work? thats sweet!
Also can i set diff way points for diff areas? how does the mavic know your in a spot you set way points too?

Sure you can. From my tests it only shows previously saved missions within the nearby area of your current gps location. Just make sure to take off from the same altitude as you did when you set it up if you are near obstacles(height) . Also it will "curve" between set points, so be careful nothing is in the way. Practice with a safe mission and keep your finger over the pause button.

I pretty much fly my Mavic at the 118 meter mark at night to keep clear of any obstacles I may not bee able to see.

Here are some images of the Camden area I have taken over the past few days.

I don't mind flying at night as long as you can find a well lit area. Major cities would look awesome.

If I travel far enough that I cant see the drone any longer, I just follow the maps screen back to home

IMG_0283.JPG IMG_0284.JPG IMG_0285.JPG IMG_0286.JPG

917333abecfca14274a304eba0d6d31e.jpg

Reactions: crispy and harryb
I like these nightpictures! Funny to see the difference between led streetlights and old fashioned streetlights.

Reactions: Monty
This is a beautiful way to use Litchi from Dirty Bird - truly amazing AND ballsy as hell
*This isn't a Mavic, it's actually a P3S!!! But I wanted to post anyway, bc it can still be configured for an MP.

No dout about it the MAVIC is bad to the Bone but at night low altitude it flotes around like a bebop 1 or worse(with mine anyways). Vps does not work at night and it shows.
Night pics are cool, thanks for sharing guys!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair