DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night Pics

AdamDom

Reactions
Post your best night shots here. I don't seem to see too many good night pics like the one I (below) took from my P3P. I'm trying to see if the Mavic is capable of good night photos or I need to get a P4P to achieve the good low light pics.

Attachments

• AlmatySunset.jpg
    AlmatySunset.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 281
First post to a forum is for this? Please quote Almaty Khazakstan law on drone usage at night.

The topic didn't say night debate. So if you don't have anything helpful to add, don't. I fly in a lot of countries that don't waste time in micromanaging everyone's life.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Beautiful pic! What are the settings? Must be no wind when using longer shutter times?

Seconded on what settings. Would love to take night pictures like this!

warp_expressway_by_no1much-dawm9d2.jpg

Intentionally going for the artsy effect with slow shutter speeds here. Shot in DNG, manual camera settings (ISO 100, shutter speed of 2 seconds).

I understand that the P4P blows all the other Phantoms out of the water for night photography, though. Mavic doesn't appear to be any worse than the Phantoms, that I've noticed, but then I'm just a hobbyist who's had this one photography drone for 3 months, so take this with a grain of salt if you like.

I haven't spent much time flying at night as I need to find spots that are nice and open but near something bright which is not easy but I've been impressed with what the Mavic camera can do at night, I wasn't expecting usable shots.

DJI_0008-X2.jpg

DJI_0002-X2.jpg

Seconded on what settings. Would love to take night pictures like this!

Shoot in RAW, ISO 100, 2 second shutter. The key is no wind and just before the sun sets. I edit in Lightroom and brighten the shadows and raise the greens. I learned a lot from this guy.

View attachment 7029

Intentionally going for the artsy effect with slow shutter speeds here. Shot in DNG, manual camera settings (ISO 100, shutter speed of 2 seconds).

I understand that the P4P blows all the other Phantoms out of the water for night photography, though. Mavic doesn't appear to be any worse than the Phantoms, that I've noticed, but then I'm just a hobbyist who's had this one photography drone for 3 months, so take this with a grain of salt if you like.

Thanks for the input.

against the law to fly at night

If you registered as a hobbyist you can fly at night as long as you make the airport aware of it if you were close enough if you were part 107 and registered as part 107 you cannot fly at night just so you know.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Post your best night shots here. I don't seem to see too many good night pics like the one I (below) took from my P3P. I'm trying to see if the Mavic is capable of good night photos or I need to get a P4P to achieve the good low light pics.

Absolutely beautiful pic!

View attachment 7029

It would be interesting to see a Mavic try this. I tried to replicate it tonight but my results were much different. Maybe the cars were not going fast enough.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus