DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night shooting with long exposure.

heo3480

Reactions
Night shooting with long exposure. It's a bit grainy because of the high ISO but still amazed by the outcome as it was almost pitch black when I took it.

9794215c5f7d73c9488079a81134019b.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using MavicPilots mobile app

Very nice. Where is that?
I particularly like manual focus to get ground lighting sharp. Auto focus kept giving me little blobs and couldn't handle pinpoints of light. You can get up to an 8 second exposure and try lower ISO. I love night stuff.

vsk

I particularly like manual focus to get ground lighting sharp. Auto focus kept giving me little blobs and couldn't handle pinpoints of light. You can get up to an 8 second exposure and try lower ISO. I love night stuff.

vsk
It's a highway bridge I southern part of Denmark. It my first night shoot, but it will not be the last

Reactions: Wyz_One
I don't think focus is causing this, more the 8 sec exposure

vsk

How do you manual focus on a MP?

How do you manual focus on a MP?

On the phone display there's an icon at the lower right on the screen like a few lines and circles. When you touch on that you get the camera screen, there you can raise and lower the exposure compensation, make the picture lighter or darker. Within this screen at the top there's the AF / MF toggle switch, go to the MF (manual focus) setting. Then you will be able to set the ISO, shutter speed, and there will be a vertical set of bars, a scroll wheel from infinity sign to flower (macro) sign. Get your camera pointed toward what you want the you can scroll up towards infinity or scroll down towards macro and you will be able to manually focus the camera.
To me it's rare that it goes to full infinity. I have not used focus peaking. I think you also want to put the white box on the area of the picture you want to focus on.

Sometimes swiping on that control the telemetry goes away and you get a full screen picture, just tap or swipe down again and you'll get everything back. Try it on the ground a few times first.

Really neat.

vsk

So I plan on shooting the fireworks show tomorrow night. Do I need to turn the ISO all the way down? I'm still learning the ISO, Aperture, etc. with photography.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo