DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NJ Drone User Group

Good Afternoon,
New to the forum and new to flying but I did take the leap and bough a Mavic yesterday. I have flown some but never with a quality piece like the Mavic. Starting to do alot of research on all the rules and regulations and I did have one question if you guys could help me. I have a friend and he will let me fly at his farm its a nice open are but it looks like its a "Prohibited or Restricted Airspace" but I also did notice the two different shades of blue. Can anyone please elaborate.. I appreciate the help. Thanks Joe
upload_2017-3-15_16-25-33.jpeg

Reactions: Nickalf.....
Maybe because its near state park? The pin that is there looks like you are good though? Can you zoom in and see how close to the blue you actually are?

Maybe because its near state park? The pin that is there looks like you are good though? Can you zoom in and see how close to the blue you actually are?
It's 100%?inside the blue zone. But why are the shades of blue different? The dark blue which matches the color swatch is fort dix / McGuire afb. Which is pretty far away from where I want to fly.

It's inside the McGuire Air Force Base restricted area - However, as it's only 'just' inside, you might be able to contact them and get clearance. I've found, talking with ATC, that if you are clear, super polite and exact to the point (write down exactly what you are planning to say/do before you call and you'll sound like you know what you're doing o_O ), they will respond well..

Good luck...
Nick...

.... dark blue is the joint areas of McGuire, Fort Dix and Lakehurst - light blue is just McGuire..

Last edited:
Hi, Just had my Mavic Pro delivered yesterday. I am in Ewing NJ. The Mavic is my 2nd as I have flown my P3S for the last year. Look forward to the next group fly I live close to the Trenton-Mercer Airport so usually fly at Mercer County Park.

Hi, Just had my Mavic Pro delivered yesterday. I am in Ewing NJ. The Mavic is my 2nd as I have flown my P3S for the last year. Look forward to the next group fly I live close to the Trenton-Mercer Airport so usually fly at Mercer County Park.[/QUOTE

Hey, I live right by the country club.

Reactions: jpferry315

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS