DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No image showing on my phone

rcpmercado

Reactions
No image showing on my phone after crash, ribbon replaced, silver wires to camera were kinda bent after the crash, gimbal works fine, focus/yellow squares flickers on my phone as if it tries to focus repeatedly, wont switch from video to photo or vice versa, records video but all black on file....

Does anyone have any thoughts??? or any one selling silver wires??? TIA

Nothing that anyone could explain in words. Besdies the one robin cable that you see on both sides of the gimbal. It has two tracks with fine wires running to each DC brushless motor.
But to see if any of these wires are damaged you would need to inspect it under a microscope or magnifying glass.
If it's a wire that's visible, you might find the damage but it would take some fine soldering skills to repair it.
But the wires could have als been damaged behind the metal tracks or disconnected at the solder joints, and for that you would have to take apart the gimbal, well at least half of it.

Another possibility is the two ribbon cable plugs inside the front of the drone on top of the gps could have come loose. One is for the gimbal, and one for the camera sensor. If you have ever seen a teardown of a smart phone with those small plugs on the end of a ribbon cable then you know what I'm talking about. I've seen two tear downs of the mavic showing these two plugs in the end of the ribbon cables.

I did an inspection of the gibal recently, you can see it up close under the microscope in this video:
DJI Mavic Gimbal, does it have cracks?

Basically if you don't have experience with working on fine small electronics like iPhone repairs then I wouldn't attempt it. I would send it out for repair or your could make things worse.
Either send it back to DJI or another repair shop. You can find a list of drone repair shops with this link:
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Scott

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada