DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No more Art color profile?

Peel

Reactions
With the release of the new v1.03.0000 firmware update today , it seems that DJI has removed the Art color profile. There are options for D-Cinelike, D-Log, TrueColor, and 9 labeled Film-A, Film-B… Film-I.
Of course just yesterday I downloaded an Art to Rec709 LUT.
It seemed that everyone was in agreement that Art -1, -3, -3 was the way to go. Looks like we'll need to start all over with the color grading tests.
Hopefully this was an oversite by DJI and it will return with the next update. Or perhaps Art was simply relabeled to one of the Film modes otherwise unchanged.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Good catch with that. Let us know your new preference. New to this color grading thing and am open for help with getting this right. Tried using the color grading in FPX. NO CLUE what i am doing. It all looks wrong

I do quite like the D-cinelike with sharpness -1.
Just wondered if Log has been changed to a more usable version, hard to tell with a quick indoor test but suspected it looked different than first time I looked.

OK quick test parked on window ledge so through glass - not ideal.
True Colour seems much like Cinelike to me and looks quite good.
Log still very hard work but not impossible to use.
Art seems to have vanished - most peculiar.
It's not helped because what you choose in the settings is named differently on screen - still has some of the old names like dream and beach.
No Art though.
Select True colour and screen shows D-Log.
All a bit sloppy and unhelpful.

Reactions: jwilson2598
I noticed something was different and tried to check quality of d-log but it was in house and too dark and both settings I tried were at a different iso so couldn't see detail anyway!

I won't be able to use my mavic for a wee while now due to work so will wait to see what everyone else agrees on.

I wonder if it is still there, but renamed? (fingers crossed) I had finally settled on my settings (Art, -1,0,0) and had started getting some good images. While I will go test more, I dont really want to, I want to focus instead on learning the modes and controls. Guess I will break the iPad setup out again and see what I can get done... It will be a bit before I can, however.

I noticed another thing, although maybe that was there before also: You cannot set Color and Style separately for movie and still.
Now that "art" is gone (sucks!), I set the camera to D-log -1,0,0 only to find out that this setting is now in my stills setting also. This I don't want. I like my raw files at "none" 0,0,0.
Set it in one (movie or stills) and it applies for both.
Makes no sense...

Reactions: daithi23
I noticed another thing, although maybe that was there before also: You cannot set Color and Style separately for movie and still.
Now that "art" is gone (sucks!), I set the camera to D-log -1,0,0 only to find out that this setting is now in my stills setting also. This I don't want. I like my raw files at "none" 0,0,0.
Makes no sense...

WTF? RAW files should be just that - no processing of any kind.

BTW, try D-Cinelike instead of None; much closer to Art. At least on the P4. Still waiting for the Mavic combo - hopefully this moth. I had planned to start with D-Cinelike -1/0/0 as the default based on what I have read about the Mavic.

I would probably recommend -2,-1,-1 (Sharp, Sat, Con) as Cinelike had more color to it than Art (when we did our testing). That should mute it enough. May be safe going with -1,-1,-1. Until I can get into it later, it is guesswork at this point. no telling what may have changed inside the profiles, either.

Reactions: CanberraMavic
Makes no sense...

No that should only affect the JPEG images, RAW is exactly that, unaffected by internal processing of the camera. It is pure sensor data - well, by definition it should be anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input, I'll give D_Cinelike a try.

Question: I am getting the hang of color grading in Resolve, but have a ways to go yet. One thing I have not been able to deal with: I am getting this dark-blue like cast over the left and right side of the image. Sometimes it is barely noticeable and sometimes more. Note that thus far I have only been able to shoot in fairly low daylight (Canada, December - get it?).
Any thoughts on this?

No clue without seeing an example.

Do you get the same with a Photograph?

No clue without seeing an example.

Do you get the same with a Photograph?
Here is a quick screen grab.
Again, shot in low-light (maybe that is why?). Very dramatic this time, but also pretty low light...
Looks more like a round vignette here - was more on the extreme left & right sides in other images. Again, caused by low light??
Filmed in D-Cinematic -1,-1,-1 quickly graded.
When filmed in none - none as well as a still image: pretty much the same.

original.jpg

The lens has the a greenish cast on everything but the center, I've seen it often when taking stills but so far never with video.

The lens has the a greenish cast on everything but the center, I've seen it often when taking stills but so far never with video.
Thanks.
Agreed, it may be more greenish than blue.
In previous clips I found that the cast really shone through more when color grading.

I'll experiment different things but we are in a mix of cold - to very cold and low light until late March /early April. :(

I really hate to do the firmware update. But mavic is quite new product and it is necessary to perform an update to maintain the stability.

DJI always put the best stuff away everytime update the firmware. The art mode can give you the best color and detail for post grading rather than D-log or D-Cinelike, there are just too flat and create various color cast.

Lucky that if you still not change the picture style, it will still remain to art mode after the firmware update.

I updated my firmware to the latest version today, and I still have art colour

With the release of the new v1.03.0000 firmware update today , it seems that DJI has removed the Art color profile. There are options for D-Cinelike, D-Log, TrueColor, and 9 labeled Film-A, Film-B… Film-I.
Of course just yesterday I downloaded an Art to Rec709 LUT.
It seemed that everyone was in agreement that Art -1, -3, -3 was the way to go. Looks like we'll need to start all over with the color grading tests.
Hopefully this was an oversite by DJI and it will return with the next update. Or perhaps Art was simply relabeled to one of the Film modes otherwise unchanged.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

What version of go are you using ? as the release notes for this FW talk about DGI GO 4 when talking about these changes .... I wounder if you go back to v3 you will still have the options ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa