DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NO Video Feed

I tried to fly mine today. Went up about 80 feet and without warning dji go4 disconnected. Controller still functioned and I landed it manually. I restarted everything, sadly nothing worked. DJI go 4 will not connect even after I tried to unplug/plug several times. I think this is the feared "upgrade" they warned us about, not sure.
I can't do anything about it right now, too much to do so little time.
I did see something I've never seen before right after take off. It said something about my location being updated to correct map( something of that nature). Lol. It flashed for like a second only and disappeared right away. Iphone 6 plus was on airplane mode.

I''m having the same issues here on my end, but the RC connects fine to the AC, and i can fly it no problem, but no video feed shows up.

Do I need to reset to factory settings or format sd card via computer? Using macbook with no sd port so need to get an external one if so.

Assistant 2 also recognizes my AC but none of the firmware updates show up. HELP! Thanks!

Reactions: cplmac
OK, thanks to the tips I finally got it figured out. I bonded the controller right away when I received it, but for some strange reason it became disconnected later. I did the re-binding process 12 times before it would bind again. I really don't know why it disconnected. Hopefully it will stay locked now. Something fishy here, huh? Thanks for all the tips guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Oh, and I think the focus is much better. I'll know tomorrow when I have more light outside.
Also, I did load the .700 firmware

Been running it since it came out and not had a issue at all here .
Waiting on the new to come out and will do it as soon as I see it .
Am glad you got it working MM . Thumbswayup

Reactions: MrMavic
The new app does not change anything significant. Just log back into your account, and no problem.

OK, thanks to the tips I finally got it figured out. I bonded the controller right away when I received it, but for some strange reason it became disconnected later. I id the re-binding process 12 times before it would bind again. I really don't know why it disconnected. Hopefully it will stay locked now. Thanks for all the tips guys.

Do yourself a very big favor. Keep your Mavic very close to you the first dozen flights. Since it took so many times to bind it, if it decides to disconnect while flying, and you arent in the ideal mode and conditions for it to return to home, it could get serious very quickly. If it binds upon startup and no abnormal error messages and it doesnt disconnect after a dozen flights, it's probably ok, but I would still be careful with it. Im hoping it's not something mechanical.

I deleted the DJI GO4 app and reinstalled it. The new app looks a little different. I'll try it first thing tomorrow.

Yes for sure on the keeping it close for a few flights. Kinda makes me nervous with the weird stuff going on. I flew it close by for a full battery and it acted normal. Dborder, I re-installed the app also.

I''m having the same issues here on my end, but the RC connects fine to the AC, and i can fly it no problem, but no video feed shows up.

Do I need to reset to factory settings or format sd card via computer? Using macbook with no sd port so need to get an external one if so.

Assistant 2 also recognizes my AC but none of the firmware updates show up. HELP! Thanks!
HfMan posted this on t, and make sure you check these two obvious things.

Go back and look at HfMan's post - # 14. Make sure you check these two things first.

Got a chance to do a 10 minute flight today and everything worked as it should. So pretty much the update is with the DJI GO4 app itself.

I have no any binding issue, all is good, I can fly, but there is no video feed. My mavic is new. Just unpacked and activated.
Please help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170524-134405.png
    Screenshot_20170524-134405.png
    555.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20170526-123133.png
    Screenshot_20170526-123133.png
    317.3 KB · Views: 34
I fired my Mavic up for the first time in a week today, I have firmware 400. Same issue with no live video feed and DJI Go4 will no longer connect to my Mavic. I assume seeing that this is happening with others they are forcing everyone off the old firmware. Pretty shady stuff, not impressed with what I've seen from DJI on the big brother side, hardware is amazing but if I knew this is how they did things I would have gone a different direction for my drone.

Reactions: RC5728
You got DJI'd.

Unless I'm mistaken you are seeing the results of a new firmware along with a new app, which blocks the video feed and restricts the range of flight unless you log in and submit to the whip hand of your Chinese masters.

Downgrading your app to 4.0.7 or earlier and your firmware to .400 using adirus VM should fix it.

My app is 4.0.7 so that version of the software may be compromised now too.

This probably isn't related to your issue, but... Iv had a no video signal issue when my iPad mini has low battery. Well more of the DJI go app not functioning properly because of a low battery on my iPad. It goes away after I kill the app and restart it though.

Weird, it just worked for me, seems intermittent which does not at all rule out part of firmware upgrade enforcement.

I have no any binding issue, all is good, I can fly, but there is no video feed. My mavic is new. Just unpacked and activated.
Please help.
I fired my Mavic up for the first time in a week today, I have firmware 400. Same issue with no live video feed and DJI Go4 will no longer connect to my Mavic. I assume seeing that this is happening with others they are forcing everyone off the old firmware. Pretty shady stuff, not impressed with what I've seen from DJI on the big brother side, hardware is amazing but if I knew this is how they did things I would have gone a different direction for my drone.
Just a hunch, but try to reformat the SD card. I had a similar problem recently and that fixed it for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada