Noise control during night time is bad....

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by kevinljxljx, Nov 19, 2016.

1. kevinljxljx

kevinljxljx Member

Finally got my drone back from DJI. Did some flight in low light environment, and I have to say low light video performance is not that great..... It is fine to take photos though since you can have longer shutter speed in order to exchange for lower ISO, but you can't do that with videos.

Also I found it is very hard to focus at night, anyone else experience the same problem?

Attached Files:

2. Richard-mavic

Richard-mavic Well-Known Member

sensor is tiny, so it's going to be average at best. if you're worrying about low light shooting, it's possibly not the right drone - P4P will have excellent low light ability in comparison, as sensor sees much much more light. is this a one off, or something you do a lot?

nice shot though!

3. kevinljxljx

kevinljxljx Member

I was deciding between the Phantom and Mavic, and I went with Mavic just because I could take it anywhere with me. Phantom's camera is better, but I don't see myself taking it with me everyday. I guess it is just something I have to trade off...

BTW, it does a great job when taking pictures though...

Attached Files: