DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob on the Oregon Coast

I'm in Lompoc and work on base....I'm itching to get my mavic as well, I should have it on the 21st. I'm educating myself as quickly and thoroughly as possible...

Reactions: anotherlab
I'm in Lompoc and work on base....I'm itching to get my mavic as well, I should have it on the 21st. I'm educating myself as quickly and thoroughly as possible...
Good plan. I really don't think you can over-educate yourself on drone operation. I've been scouting out flying areas here in Lincoln City and it looks like clear-cuts are going to be my main flight arena for the time being. I'm hoping to talk with local area ranchers and farmers about using their pastures.
I've got a recommendation for a complete video tutorial from an outfit in Utah. I've watched it 3 times and find it very well done. Link is below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CleHv4RKrWw&t=63s

My Mav got sent up from Torrance, maybe yours is still there ;)

I know where Lincoln city is. I used to live in Bend, OR for 25 years. Lots of awesome footage there me thinks

[QUOTE="I've been scouting out flying areas here in Lincoln City and it looks like clear-cuts are going to be my main flight arena for the time being. I'm hoping to talk with local area ranchers and farmers about using their pastures.
/QUOTE]

Are there city or state restrictions regarding flying over the beaches?

Good plan. I really don't think you can over-educate yourself on drone operation. I've been scouting out flying areas here in Lincoln City and it looks like clear-cuts are going to be my main flight arena for the time being. I'm hoping to talk with local area ranchers and farmers about using their pastures.

I'm in southern OR, but I was just visiting family near LC and we got two perfectly wind-free mornings at the beach.

LRJ9B6B.jpg

I'll be back in August for the solar eclipse! :D

I have one ordered and shipped. Impatiently waiting. I am here in Eugene Or. It would be great to get some tips and advice and flying locations from fellow local area people such as yourselves once I have a clue with the Mavic. I have been watching everything I can on youtube in anticipation.

I'm down in Eugene, just picked up my first drove ever, figured MP would be a good start.

Looking forward to exploring the many offerings Oregon has.

I'm in southern OR, but I was just visiting family near LC and we got two perfectly wind-free mornings at the beach.

LRJ9B6B.jpg

I'll be back in August for the solar eclipse! :D

Great shot of the spit I will be staying at Salishan Resort at a beach house in this photo. Lets hook up at Nana`s in Newport and do some flying folks.

Lt. Shanks

My Mav will be here tomorrow!!! YAAAY! Been watching videos, reading the manual continuously for 3 weeks and I'm soooo ready for some hands-on!

Any fellow pilots nearby?
My Mav will be here tomorrow!!! YAAAY! Been watching videos, reading the manual continuously for 3 weeks and I'm soooo ready for some hands-on!
Hey Erock I will be flying in LC from August 10th - 26th. I am staying at a private beach house on the golf course at Salishan Resort for the eclipse. Let me know if you want to team up...

Lt. Shanks

Just got mine 2 weeks ago and am thrilled! I'm from Southern Oregon and was up in Newport a week ago and WINDS were up about 18mph... but the mav handled it like it was on rails! I'm totally stoked on getting out and flying more!! I did stop by the lighthouse at the State Park and they were polite and stated that I was not to fly the drone in the park but was welcome to fly it north or south of the park... I did a bit of recording with it handheld to test out the gimble... and it didn't do too bad for being "manually maneuvered" LOL I definetly will be getting out to the coast more now!

Just got mine 2 weeks ago and am thrilled! I'm from Southern Oregon and was up in Newport a week ago and WINDS were up about 18mph... but the mav handled it like it was on rails! I'm totally stoked on getting out and flying more!! I did stop by the lighthouse at the State Park and they were polite and stated that I was not to fly the drone in the park but was welcome to fly it north or south of the park... I did a bit of recording with it handheld to test out the gimble... and it didn't do too bad for being "manually maneuvered" LOL I definetly will be getting out to the coast more now!
Sounds like you were at Yaquina Head Lighthouse. I am getting pumped up for my trip which starts this weekend through August. Will you be in the area at all in the next 3 weeks?

Great shot of the spit I will be staying at Salishan Resort at a beach house in this photo. Lets hook up at Nana`s in Newport and do some flying folks.

Lt. Shanks

Bingo! I'll be back in town for the eclipse on Monday, hopefully we don't get rained out!

What part of southern Oregon?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada