DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noobie trying to Activate

TStarr

Reactions
Hi all - bit early to be making my first post, but it may help someone - just received shiny new plane - knew there was a lot of issues with new DJI GO 4 app, both it working and what phones it may work on - had a Samsung S3, Note 2 and Note 4 to try - S3 got rejected as incompatible, but installed on both the Notes (if somewhat slowly on the Note 2) - tried connecting everything up and running app - after the first couple of screens (Name and Controller) it then freezes on the LCD screen - wouldn't go back or NEXT. Tried both Notes - exactly same freeze on same screen. DJI support trying best but were just about to recall the whole thing!

Because I had been swapping phones, I had not bothered replacing the phone into the handles of the controller, and with one more reboot, and the phone in a vertical screen mode, I suddenly found myself with CONTINUE in the top right instead of NEXT - and sure enough it let me get thru to activating - how switching the screen orientation can make such a difference is beyond me - but now onto upgrading the firmware, if only an hour of messing hadn't flattened the Controller below 50%!!

When recharged I may see if the Note 2 now behaves as well. Apologies if all old stuff - but i guess if it was, the Support desk would have had a clue what to do.

Reactions: X424
Now that all that's behind you, let me WELCOME you to the FORUM!:)

WELCOME!Thumbswayup

Reactions: Ebruce
lol ta Mr Top Hat - must say there is some reading on this site!

Sad to say the Note 2 failed - telemetry all there, settings etc, but no video feed - presumably beyond the cpu power. Pity lag on Note 4 is a bit poor, but I gather from all the threads on here, that I may have to break a golden rule and get my hands on an Apple product - maybe a mini! You see the bad habits getting on this site has started. Shame on you all.

Reactions: Rbruz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent