DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Northeast Pennsylvania!

I wonder if the old naval reserve base still maintains the active runway. Back in the day we used to park at the reserve station parking lot and watch the planes take off and land.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I wonder if the old naval reserve base still maintains the active runway. Back in the day we used to park at the reserve station parking lot and watch the planes take off and land.

I dont think the runways active but the national guard still flys helicopters out of there i believe. They shut that viewing area down a LONG time ago sadly

I dont think the runways active but the national guard still flys helicopters out of there i believe. They shut that viewing area down a LONG time ago sadly

My old neighbor and his wife worked there. He was a mechanic for the marines. I got to go to his promotion ceremony and he took me on the tour of the ch-53 helicopters. It was awesome.

There was some great air shows there too.

My old neighbor and his wife worked there. He was a mechanic for the marines. I got to go to his promotion ceremony and he took me on the tour of the ch-53 helicopters. It was awesome.

The airshows were always great. The turn around for a lot of the planes was over my house.

Created this mission to test out tomorrow. Problem is since I'm still waiting for my Mavic Pro, I'm limited to Phantom 3 Standard Ranges. My longest range with a foil extender is around 2000 feet. So I could be able to do this mission ok...but not get to the abandoned buildings. So I'll count on you guys to get those shots.

Figured along with this I'll do some orbits as well....and will have to get a pano of the pano for sure. Will make sure all three batteries are charged.

And yes, I email BH Photo every week asking when my Fly More Combo is coming....get generic responses.

View media item 213

Created this mission to test out tomorrow. Problem is since I'm still waiting for my Mavic Pro, I'm limited to Phantom 3 Standard Ranges. My longest range with a foil extender is around 2000 feet. So I could be able to do this mission ok...but not get to the abandoned buildings. So I'll count on you guys to get those shots.

Figured along with this I'll do some orbits as well....and will have to get a pano of the pano for sure. Will make sure all three batteries are charged.

And yes, I email BH Photo every week asking when my Fly More Combo is coming....get generic responses.

View media item 213
Dude, I wish that I knew you didn't get you Mavic yet. Local Best Buys had a few last week

I remember going there as a kid at watching the air shows. Pretty cool! My father worked on the A-10s that were there.

Dude, I wish that I knew you didn't get you Mavic yet. Local Best Buys had a few last week

I got the P3s for 400 on Black Friday sale so it keeps me flying. But everytime I'm in Best Buy or Apple Store I do check. Including this morning at Best Buy. At this point I'm ok with waiting. Gives me time to hone my skills.

Ill do my best to try and come out tomorrow. wouldn't get there until sometime after 1 though.

So for a gps directions you can put down:
1249 Newtown Rd, Warminster, PA 18974

And it'll get you close to that Network street parking lot.

Suppose to be sunny & 50 degrees. Out of curiosity...do any of you fly FPV race quads?

Suppose to be sunny & 50 degrees. Out of curiosity...do any of you fly FPV race quads?

Well I do want to test out a new FPV google for the Phantom 3 I got. Only got to do a quick test when I got it. Was using the google cardboard before with Litchi app and it was pretty cool. These ones are more comftable but we'll see how they work.

As for FPV racing...I might have been looking at youtube videos about getting into it. I"ve watched this video about 10 times already:

But maybe if I got to fly one and try it out it would motivate me a bit more.....

Reactions: spartanMF
They're not easy to fly. I've built 2 of them and can barely get them off the ground. Problem is that I got spoiled with DJI "idiot proof" production line.

They're not easy to fly. I've built 2 of them and can barely get them off the ground. Problem is that I got spoiled with DJI "idiot proof" production line.

Yeah I'm used to flying manual drones. The phantom 3 is my first intelligent drone per se. Plus have about 10 years of RC experience.

Plus I fly flight sims quite often and have a home cockpit in my basement. This year I added oculus rift to the mix and it's so cool.

So I think fpv flying would be fun to try.

My son-in-law is a game programmer for the oculus rift platform.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000