DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Northern IL / Southern Wisconsin Stateline Area

Hi everybody,

I am seriously looking at a Mavic pro and I have reservations about wher I will be able to fly. I live in Roscoe IL. Are there more places to fly in WI or IL?

Hours away from my Mavic delivery...I'm in Rosemont, IL right outside of O'Hare airport. Can't fly anywhere within 5-6 miles of my house but I've traveled to Silver Springs State Park in Yorkville a few times with my P3...anyone have any recommendations on nice open and scenic areas to fly?

Bad Drone

Hi everybody,

I am seriously looking at a Mavic pro and I have reservations about wher I will be able to fly. I live in Roscoe IL. Are there more places to fly in WI or IL?

You just need to look around, I have permission to fly several places in the area, the thing is that it's kinda like your favorite fishing hole. You want to keep them kinda secret because it won't take much for someone to change their mind if somebody screws up or does stupid things. I always go early in the morning when no one is around or on weekends in some public places that are closed for business. The first time someone says no, you are done. It becomes trespassing if you go back. I use my backyard to test things and settings before venturing out. I use Lichi most of the time and plan my missions at home carefully. when I go to a place I am there for a limited time, run a mission then leave.

You can join the Rockvally RC flyers club and fly there anytime you want. You need to be an AMA member to be member of this club. A great bunch of people. They fly indoors at Harlem Hight School during the cold season, but there is a weight restriction for that. check out their website: Rock Valley R/C Flyers Club Rockford, IL Home

Greetings from Pecatonica, Illinois! Just got my Mavic Pro yesterday afternoon and found this forum during lunch today. Hope to get the Mavic in the air this weekend. Shout out to the other members from Rockford, IL :)

Hours away from my Mavic delivery...I'm in Rosemont, IL right outside of O'Hare airport. Can't fly anywhere within 5-6 miles of my house but I've traveled to Silver Springs State Park in Yorkville a few times with my P3...anyone have any recommendations on nice open and scenic areas to fly?

Bad Drone
I am located Orland Park. I would suggest taking 2-94 to I-55 then get on La Grange road. Forest preserves run through La Grange. You could make some cool videos from that?

I am located Orland Park. I would suggest taking 2-94 to I-55 then get on La Grange road. Forest preserves run through La Grange. You could make some cool videos from that?

Oh yeah that is a great area with lots of large preserves. My mother lives in Mokena/Frankfort area and I pass all kinds of good spots on my way to her house. Good call.

Yes I did find out California city are anti-drones but I went out to Lookout Point, Corona Del Mar, CA. Here is a little video I shot there but did not do any post processing of video except editing. I did have a Polar Pro ND8 PL lens on my Mavic when I took this video. Video was taken about 15 minutes before sunset.

Nice video. Went to YouTube to watch it so I could hit the LIKE button. Also subscribed to your channel. Nice transition between videos. What software did you use to edit?

Hi there! from Chicago, IL. I just joined. I'm so happy I found this mavic lovers community.

Welcome! What area of Chicago are you in? I'm near Rosemont and O'Hare and always looking for another Mavic to fly with!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7