DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not a smooth video while turning.

( I am a total newby with YT)

That wouldn't explain why Johanna's footage is now so smooth with the new unit

Youtube rendering is a possible cause of jerky video as well, I use Cyberlink Power Director and it chooses the Youtube render settings for me, even after 10years of youtube posts I still don't have the render settings figured out...of course, if you see the jerky movements on a home PC from the original clips...could be your memory card or a problematic Mavic, sure hope we don't have to RMA them...

No
Not down graded
Shot in those resolutions the effect was present

Try shooting in 1080 24 fps and 30 fps

Yeah I know, I'm going to do a more controlled test this weekend if the weather permits. But even reviewing the original 4k data from the SD through VLC was a lot better

I tried

Windows media player
Vic
Quick time

All the same

Once again

Its not the memory card
Not the computer
Not video or shutter settings

Its a defective camera issue.

This has altadcy been hashed out numerous times in this thread and others.

The people with issues appreciated others imput and suggestions but THOSE of us like myself know there is no other solution that to send it back.

I personally paid 2k Canadian tax in shipped for my fly more combo.

I am not settling for video issues.

Youtube rendering is a possible cause of jerky video as well, I use Cyberlink Power Director and it chooses the Youtube render settings for me, even after 10years of youtube posts I still don't have the render settings figured out...of course, if you see the jerky movements on a home PC from the original clips...could be your memory card or a problematic Mavic, sure hope we don't have to RMA them...
Have approx. 60 clips now....used 3 cards: Sandisk Extreme (from my P3P which has been great) the Lexar from the first Mavic and the Panasonic from the 2nd Mavic...all with same results. Iphone, Imac (both less than a year old, Ipad Air 2 yrs old)...all same viewing results. Same cables, same weather, etc. etc. The first was a dud, the second is not. I did this to prove to myself that there was a REAL problem with the first unit. At this point nothing and no one will convince that there wasn't. I have the proof with my second Mavic and 27 test clips. I too have $1900 CDN into this (Mavic, 2 X batteries, filters) and my "Buckley's Tablet holder". I do not expect high-end pro cinema video, I expect 'decent' "good" quality for my $.
For those who say pan 'very slowly' it is not as noticeable, but its still there and our brains are capable of compensating more at the slower rates (but let's not go into brain theory here,, lol). The same panning with the P3P and the new Mavic do not show the stutter. If you don't mind "stuttering" video and are happy to mitigate by slowing down, that's OK. I only shared my experience because I see quite of few online videos that have the same issue. It is a defective ? camera/gimbal/sensors?? BUT ITS GONE and I am glad I replaced it. Look again at the original clips, first vs second Mavic..... I am not suggesting you return yours, just giving you something to consider.
As an aside, I returned/replaced through Amazon...I do not have Refresh...I received a NEW unit, not AS NEW. I did not have to deal with DJI direct ('nuf said there).
Razors, I really hope you get a good one!

Have approx. 60 clips now....used 3 cards: Sandisk Extreme (from my P3P which has been great) the Lexar from the first Mavic and the Panasonic from the 2nd Mavic...all with same results. Iphone, Imac (both less than a year old, Ipad Air 2 yrs old)...all same viewing results. Same cables, same weather, etc. etc. The first was a dud, the second is not. I did this to prove to myself that there was a REAL problem with the first unit. At this point nothing and no one will convince that there wasn't. I have the proof with my second Mavic and 27 test clips. I too have $1900 CDN into this (Mavic, 2 X batteries, filters) and my "Buckley's Tablet holder". I do not expect high-end pro cinema video, I expect 'decent' "good" quality for my $.
For those who say pan 'very slowly' it is not as noticeable, but its still there and our brains are capable of compensating more at the slower rates (but let's not go into brain theory here,, lol). The same panning with the P3P and the new Mavic do not show the stutter. If you don't mind "stuttering" video and are happy to mitigate by slowing down, that's OK. I only shared my experience because I see quite of few online videos that have the same issue. It is a defective ? camera/gimbal/sensors?? BUT ITS GONE and I am glad I replaced it. Look again at the original clips, first vs second Mavic..... I am not suggesting you return yours, just giving you something to consider.
As an aside, I returned/replaced through Amazon...I do not have Refresh...I received a NEW unit, not AS NEW. I did not have to deal with DJI direct ('nuf said there).
You are right about some Mav's having a gimbal issue causing excessive stuttering effect. If your Mav performs as it should, that effect is minimal and even better with careful aerial maneuvering. If you post process to maximize your video, you can upscale to 60fps and achieve undetectable movement artifact. You have to use the right program though. I have video for you to see if you would like.

You are right about some Mav's having a gimbal issue causing excessive stuttering effect. If your Mav performs as it should, that effect is minimal and even better with careful aerial maneuvering. If you post process to maximize your video, you can upscale to 60fps and achieve undetectable movement artifact. You have to use the right program though. I have video for you to see if you would like.

You are right about some Mav's having a gimbal issue causing excessive stuttering effect
Yes = Mavic #1
If your Mav performs as it should, that effect is minimal and even better with careful aerial maneuvering.
Yes = Mavic #2
Thanks, Strafe1. Thanks for offering to share your vids, but I will decline because I am tired of looking at vids for a while...I think my eyes are beginning to 'stutter' ha ha. I'm putting this issue to rest. :) :)

Reactions: JSSR

Nice to hear, is the stutter completely gone? even at really fast yawing? also for your first mavic was it only when yawing or strife/rolling left and right too?

Nice to hear, is the stutter completely gone? even at really fast yawing? also for your first mavic was it only when yawing or strife/rolling left and right too?
Yes, stuttering effect is gone. First Mav did it ALL the time on any movement, slow or fast more noticeable on sideways. Fast yawing/movement gives motion blur/shudder, not jerky 'stutter'. Second Mav does not 'stutter', has normal fast move shudder effect, same as DJI's promo vid for Mavic. Have another look at their promo vid. Having to move 'very slowly' complicates some of the 'follow/active track type" features then, doesn't it?

Yes, stuttering effect is gone. First Mav did it ALL the time on any movement, slow or fast more noticeable on sideways. Fast yawing/movement gives motion blur/shudder, not jerky 'stutter'. Second Mav does not 'stutter', has normal fast move shudder effect, same as DJI's promo vid for Mavic. Have another look at their promo vid. Having to move 'very slowly' complicates some of the 'follow/active track type" features then, doesn't it?

Ah, and yes it does unfortunately I'm 8 days too late for newegg to do anything, and I don't want to have a back and forth with the dreaded DJI customer service. Not to mention my flight is in 5 days. I have insurance through statefarm guess I'll try to make a claim when I get back. Just sucks cause this is literally the only time I didn't order through Amazon -_-. At this moment just trying to find intermediary solutions so my month long trip doesn't look like total ****

Ah, and yes it does unfortunately I'm 8 days too late for newegg to do anything, and I don't want to have a back and forth with the dreaded DJI customer service. Not to mention my flight is in 5 days. I have insurance through statefarm guess I'll try to make a claim when I get back. Just sucks cause this is literally the only time I didn't order through Amazon -_-. At this moment just trying to find intermediary solutions so my month long trip doesn't look like total ****
Don't let it ruin your trip...it will only be one part of the trip...you will still be making "memories". :)

V nice, bearing in mind you were all Auto and this was just a demo, I don't think anyone could moan about the quality from that tiny camera. Lovely part of the world by the way, where is that?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
It's Lycabettus hill in Athens, Greece.
Before somebody takes the decision to deal with famous DJI support, they should be at least 100% sure there is a real issue with their unit.
In my case, I'm still trying to figure out under which conditions the stuttering issue kicks in. I have a few videos with noticeable stuttering and a few other videos without it.

Reactions: Wacker2611
I had the same issue and sent mine in a month ago. I received the new Mavic yesterday and unfortunately has the same panning issue as the first one. I made at least 30 different videos with different settings and all had the jitter when panning. The only way I minimized it was by panning at about 8'secomds over an object. I just called DJI and will be returning drone for a redund. For this amount of money my expectations are not to settle. I have a möbius camera that I paid 70 dollars for and it has not jitter issue. I'm hoping that They address this issue. As for me I'm out. I will either get the phantom 4 or wait for mavic 2.

Sorry to hear this.

I also have had mobius that does not do this nor did my Xaiomi yi nor goes the go pro.

Did you originally purchase from DJI?

Did they send you a brand new unit or refurbished?

I had the same issue and sent mine in a month ago. I received the new Mavic yesterday and unfortunately has the same panning issue as the first one. I made at least 30 different videos with different settings and all had the jitter when panning. The only way I minimized it was by panning at about 8'secomds over an object. I just called DJI and will be returning drone for a redund. For this amount of money my expectations are not to settle. I have a möbius camera that I paid 70 dollars for and it has not jitter issue. I'm hoping that They address this issue. As for me I'm out. I will either get the phantom 4 or wait for mavic 2.

They sent me a new one. I got it from DJI directly.
Razors, I've been reading your posts and also I'm more like you in that I don't think we should just settle for this much money paid. I hope you have better luck. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Reactions: razors
They sent me a new one. I got it from DJI directly.
Razors, I've been reading your posts and also I'm more like you in that I don't think we should just settle for this much money paid. I hope you have better luck. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Thanks me too.

Did they give you any grief?

40a6bb05ac88d58403ffccf4d4c9b1d3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Don't let it ruin your trip...it will only be one part of the trip...you will still be making "memories". :)

Thanks, yeah I'm usually one to just sit back and enjoy the moment instead of capturing it. But, my BIL convinced me to get the Mavic this time around since it'll be one of my biggest trips and in the past few weeks I've been researching better techniques etc, since if I was dropping this type of bread might as well do it the best I can. That's also why I'm so hesitant in swapping it in (besides their CS) because I keep reading reports of lost, drown, jello side effects lol god dammit Amazon. Hopefully someone comes up with a solution in post.

Reactions: Johanna
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo