DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not a smooth video while turning.

From my experience the only way not to get the stuttering is to pan incredibly slow. When I mean slow it's like an object would take about 10 to 12 seconds to move across the screen when looking down from the sky. Very difficult task as the smallest movement would cause a stutter.

I have to agree ... difficult but can be done. Here is a clip I just did for a friend who had some shingles replaced. Not perfect but better than the previous one ....

Ron's 1.mp4

Last edited:
I have to agree ... difficult but can be done. Here is a clip I just did for a friend who had some shingles replaced. Not perfect but better than the previous one ....

Ron's 1.mp4
Nice video. I can see the stuttering in your video as well and I can tell you are trying to minimize it. Nice music! It's kind of frustrating to have a great drone with a not so great camera

Reactions: grizzard
Stuttering as well as some jerking motion which is probably caused by my thumbs not feeling the stick motion too well. I'm going to try a neck sling and then grip the sticks with thumb and forefinger to see if that helps. I totally agree ... I think it just comes with the territory. But it certainly is a fun toy ....

what about smoothing and stabilizing with frame optical blending in final cut pro x.

what about smoothing and stabilizing with frame optical blending in final cut pro x.
I don't have Final Cut Pro but every video editor (Filmora and AviMov as well as YouTube) makes "Stabilize?" worse .. much worse. I don't believe that a video editor can take out stuttering or it would be very popular. I could be wrong but when I see a "before" and "after" comparison and it looks better ... I'll buy it.

I don't have Final Cut Pro but every video editor (Filmora and AviMov as well as YouTube) makes "Stabilize?" worse .. much worse. I don't believe that a video editor can take out stuttering or it would be very popular. I could be wrong but when I see a "before" and "after" comparison and it looks better ... I'll buy it.

Optica flow from FCP will definitely fix it. But I agree this should be better from the camera itself

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Optica flow from FCP will definitely fix it. But I agree this should be better from the camera itself

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
It looks like FCP is for Apple products and I'm an Android user. Second thought is do you happen to have a before and after clip? I'm from Missouri. o_O

I used Optical Flow in Adobe Premiere. It smooths it out very nicely. I essentially up it to 60fps. It uses an algo to 'create' missing frames. You guys probably already knew that, but I'm a video editing noob.

If you're going to do edits in post anyway then it's really no trouble.

Funny thing, I can definitely say that my problem with the jerkiness is only when I'm close to the groud or subject. It's much less noticeable when I'm high up from the ground. I guess less pixels are changing rapidly when you're high up, hence the lessened jerkiness.

Reactions: grizzard
I sent it back for warranty to DJI

Haven't gotten it back yet.
I'm not sure if they will fix, send new unit or send back used in working order.

Warranty says they can replace with used in good working order.

I hope it's new
When I sent mine back it was 2 flights old,looked right out of the box. Sent me an obvious refirb. I was bummed!

FYI

My Mavic is being covered under warranty.

I am asking what exactly was wrong with the unit.

Will report back once I find out
That's GREAT glad to hear it. There saving face doing that and not making us all use a refresh

Reactions: hammer737
Hi All. I must advise that I was incorrect in assuming this issue affected my mavic. I have since realised my jerkiness in panning and watching video was related to a mismatch of refresh rates between what I'd shot and what my surface laptop and phone screens run it. I ran my videos via HDMI to my TV and set the TV refresh rate at 24p (which is what I've shot my videos in). The result was silky smooth playback.

Hello,

I just go my Mavic 3 days ago and I'm quite concerned about the stuttering when turning my drone. I'm quite new to this and would like to know your opinion on the following video.
In my opinion, I see abnormal stutter between 0:18 and 0:28 (look at the big white road). Do you think my Mavic needs to go back to the factory ?

Filmed in 4k, 30 fps, auto focus, auto shutter & iso

Thank you for your help.

I finally got my replacement after being gone for 2 months. New mavic but same controller.

They sent me a brand new unit which came back not being linked to the controller which begs the question did they even test it before sending back?

I have been shooting test videos all day and am getting mixed results. Sometimes the artifact happens still. It seems to work best on either 2.7 or 1080 30 fps in manual and auto works better than expected.

Still not out of the woods yet unfortunately.

I finally got my replacement after being gone for 2 months. New mavic but same controller.

They sent me a brand new unit which came back not being linked to the controller which begs the question did they even test it before sending back?

I have been shooting test videos all day and am getting mixed results. Sometimes the artifact happens still. It seems to work best on either 2.7 or 1080 30 fps in manual and auto works better than expected.

Still not out of the woods yet unfortunately.
Following...

Hi,

could you please check this short clip and let me know if you can see any kind of stuttering/flickering (sorry I really can't tell the difference in those two terms).

PS: try full screen at high resolution setting
thanks...

Hello,

I just go my Mavic 3 days ago and I'm quite concerned about the stuttering when turning my drone. I'm quite new to this and would like to know your opinion on the following video.
In my opinion, I see abnormal stutter between 0:18 and 0:28 (look at the big white road). Do you think my Mavic needs to go back to the factory ?

Filmed in 4k, 30 fps, auto focus, auto shutter & iso

Thank you for your help.
Hard to tell. I see normal motion shudder. Suggest you should first try slower panning. See what happens.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada