DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not syncing photos/video

Jacobegg

Reactions
I was wondering if I could get some help with this. In December I noticed my mavic stopped syncing photos to the DJI go app. I tried waiting a little extra longer after flights and still nothing. Sometimes Ill get that syncing symbol after a flight but nothing syncs. Anyone know how to fix this?

Your video cache is probably full, see app settings to either make it bigger or clear old footage.

I do remember raising it from 2GB to 16GB. But I'll have to check it again when I get home.

Same problem! initially photos and videos all appeared in the Ap and I could view after every flight, no touching the SD card. Remain after I clear the SD card too. Now videos appear but not photos. Been happening for a couple of weeks. Just no photos!

Today I flew with no SD card, dumb. Took two videos and a few pics. The AP said no SD card the photos will be downloaded to your phone. But no. I had the two videos but no photos on the Ap or the drone. Just gone!

DJI, where are the photos going?

I assume you mean the "Auto Sync HD" pictures option?

If so DJI broke this for Android on Go4 last December and hasn't be the slightest bit interested in fixing it since. Only things like Panos (and videos) auto download.
Also remember even if it does work or you do it manually, it'll only do JPGs so if you shoot in RAW only it won't work.

Can you get at them manually using the "play" icon on the lower right of the screen during or after a flight?

Reactions: conchman
Solved it!

Go into the settings menu in the AP (with the Mavic connected) and tap on the ... at the bottom of the first page to get General Settings. Page down half way there is a section on caching video etc. during shooting. If you set Maximum Video Cache Capacity to Auto, the AP seems to allocate all the in AP cache to the video and none to photos. So the photos are on the SIM and available in the preview function while flying. However the photos are not transferred to the phone. Turn the cache to manual and set a number and voila all the photos magically appear on the phone again. Literally change the setting and recheck the AP and the photos are all now in Album in the Editor tab. Fixed.

I have also solved my second problem of the photos I took with no SIM card loaded into the Mavic not appearing on the phone. DJI nicely loaded the photos into the Apple Photo AP on my iPhone 8. Only thumbs, but the photos were all there. I also exported a video and it usefully appeared in the Apple Photo AP.

Reactions: SpitFire
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa