DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nothing but problems

Woodrow256

Reactions
Im at a loss. Ive had this drone less than a week. Every time i try to fly it something goes wrong. What is the point in having a drone that is so fussy that its not reliable. This time, i go to fly and dji go 4 crashes every time i turn motors on to fly. Relaunch it, immediately crashes. Tried updating, reinstall, clearing app data. Im really bummed. I was so excited to finally have the money for this thing. Its caused me nothing but heartache. It flashes a real quick message where it says "go fly". Init map error and data rw error. I downloaded litchi but i ran out of daylight and im not flying indoors. Im just about done trying.

Fret not, it seems to be an app issue, and not a drone issue, so you don't need to send it back.

Don't give up, you are going to love that thing.
People here will help, they can figure just about anything out, i've been very impressed.

Yes android nougat. Nexus 6p. Liquid dark rom. I changed roms since the last time i flew i think. I hope that aint the problem or im going to need to buy a dedicated device for this drone. I didnt buy a nexus phone to run stock android. Lol

For real though, if i would have known all the bs this thing was going to cause me id have bought something else.

I feel ya, guess I've been lucky. ( so far )
Ipad seems to be the way to go. I'm using android as well had to go in developer to debug usb , No troubles after that.

Reactions: Randy
Just would like to see the difference with ipad 4. Screen speed, brightness.

Yes android nougat. Nexus 6p. Liquid dark rom. I changed roms since the last time i flew i think. I hope that aint the problem or im going to need to buy a dedicated device for this drone. I didnt buy a nexus phone to run stock android. Lol
you tried another stock standard android??

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I'm new to this board as well. My Son and I just got our Mavic 3 days ago and we use an iPhone 6S. Knock on wood everything has been flawless and we are really enjoying it. Hang in there and these forums are alway great for problem solving. Once you get it sorted out you'll LOVE it.
Best of luck,
Randy

Woodrow265, it is not your drone. It's your phone. Custom Roms are great until they aren't. You have a conflict somewhere.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
I know the App is VERY sensitive to device intergration with Android. If ure not running the original rom state ur device came with it could be the start of ur issues. Ive had my MP for just over two months and i have 3 devices that i run the app on .... sony Z2 , Hauwei G7 and a Hauwei Mate 8. Havent had had one crash or error. On the Sony Z2 im running the standard DJI Go app, Not even the Go App 4, and it works like a dream.

I originally used a Galaxy tab E lite and had nothing but problems. I too was frustrated but I tried my iPhone and it's been nothing but blue sky's and smooth sailing since.

As soon as I read the opening post, I said to myself I bet he's using an android device. For some reason IOS just works better on these things on a consistent basis. iPhone or iPad seems to be your best shot.

Yep. I started on Android using my phone. Ever since the switch to iPad, nothing but blue skies. It certainly helped that I just happened to have an iPad mini 4 lying around doing nothing... until now

I have used Samsung Note 5, and Nvidia Sheild, but by far the best is a IPad Mini 2. I picked one up for $170 and its wonderful.
Still waiting for my Mavic to arrive. I have a Samsung G7, but keep reading about app crashes. 1st, where did u buy you ipad mini for $170? and did u just get the WiFi, or WiFi/3G4G? Does the GPS work on either with or without our a cell/data plan? Thank you in advance!

Game stop has them , gazelle as well. Good prices

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S