DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nothing but problems

Still waiting for my Mavic to arrive. I have a Samsung G7, but keep reading about app crashes. 1st, where did u buy you ipad mini for $170? and did u just get the WiFi, or WiFi/3G4G? Does the GPS work on either with or without our a cell/data plan? Thank you in advance!

Theres the option of the K1 tablet from nvidia if you dont want to go 'fruity'.

reccomend litchi app to go with. It wont crash every 5 minutes on android phone like DJI GO 4.0 does.

Reactions: Saylor101
In general with Nougat, go into any system power config and disable battery optimization for realtime apps like Litchi, DJI Go 4, etc. The OS should not be telling a mission-critical app to go to sleep for fractional seconds just to save a bit of power.

Reactions: Saylor101
I think im done. Im not buying an apple device just to fly this drone. Today, i cant even get my phone to detect the remote. Its always something. I like to take sunset pictures. I cant have a drone that i have to troubleshoot like this every time. If i can even get it to work, the sun would be down by then anyway. Im glad i bought it on a credit card. So i have more buyer protection options. I dont want this anymore.

I think im done. Im not buying an apple device just to fly this drone. Today, i cant even get my phone to detect the remote. Its always something. I like to take sunset pictures. I cant have a drone that i have to troubleshoot like this every time. If i can even get it to work, the sun would be down by then anyway. Im glad i bought it on a credit card. So i have more buyer protection options. I dont want this anymore.

Don't buy an Apple device just to fly a drone. Buy an Apple device because they are fantastic in every way. [emoji41]

Reactions: FLwaverunner
As soon as I read the opening post, I said to myself I bet he's using an android device. For some reason IOS just works better on these things on a consistent basis. iPhone or iPad seems to be your best shot.
Not true. My iPhone 6SE hangs when i try using it. Have to try at least 3 times to get it to work. When i use my Hauwei Mate 8 it opens the app automatically as soon as i connect the phone. Never glitched once.

So, is the consensus I'm seeing here is that Samsung or others + Android ver x.x are no good?
I'm just wondering coz, I haven't got my MP yet and all I have as interface are Samsung w/ Android.
Should I start looking for Ipad?

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Where did you find one for THAT low price????????? I paid a lot more at Costco
:mad:

Try EBay I own like 3 of them lol I have a droid turbo 2 and the go app and the go 4 app crash on that. iPad mini 2 wifi will work never had issues with gps but I did get one with cellular also and no issues so that's my 2 bits

So, is the consensus I'm seeing here is that Samsung or others + Android ver x.x are no good?
I'm just wondering coz, I haven't got my MP yet and all I have as interface are Samsung w/ Android.
Should I start looking for Ipad?

I would start looking go EBay no need for brand New unless you feel you NEED to

Android does work, but you have to work with it sometimes. Apple seems always stable.

If you are using Android and have issues, best advice? Back up your data, flatten the OS and rebuild from scratch.

The number of times an Android version upgrade has screwed up the device - usually not in a major way, just a niggle - is more often than not. Last time was when I couldn't get into my settings via the conventional route.

Try that first, it may take a bit of effort, but the pay off of having a Mavic fly will be worth it. Report back with success /failure.

Def iOS is the way to go for me. I've flown using my iPhone 7, iPad Pro, and iPad Air all running dji go4 app with no problems. Also used dji GS Pro on iPads with no issues

I can't believe DJI has remained silent on this issue, as a newbie it speaks volumes as to lack of costumer service.. That said with the new IPads coming in April 4th, now is not the time to layout cash, waiting for the price drop on the IPad mini 4 or see if the new one is a worthy upgrade.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60