DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Novelty has warn off quickly

Auspete

Reactions
Have had my goggles for a week and I'm sorry to report that the novelty of them has warn off very quickly.
I've purchased most new DJI products over the last 3 years and have had much enjoyment out of them.
Having bulky goggles sitting on my head that I can't get the sharpness out of the image that I can out of my iPhone or iPad makes them seem a bit pointless. They are good for close in shots but that's about it.
I much prefer to see my surroundings with the naked eye. Wish I had ordered a Spark instead.
Thats my initial thoughts anyway

Reactions: PROMOLOZO
If it's not sharp then you need to work on that, of course that's what makes all the difference.

To get an idea for a tenth of the price you can try VR Goggles and Litchi, while this combo is nowhere near as good you can still get an idea whether or not you want to fly like that.
There are some good points not least being able to properly see the image in bright sun.
I did try a cheap pair with Litchi a couple of years ago and didn't use them much. Guess I got caught up with all the hype this time. I let my wife wear them today and she enjoyed watching what I was doing so maybe she will show more interest in my hobby now !!

I did try a cheap pair with Litchi a couple of years ago and didn't use them much. Guess I got caught up with all the hype this time. I let my wife wear them today and she enjoyed watching what I was doing so maybe she will show more interest in my hobby now !!

You can buy a 2nd controller, and let your wife fly it was well.

Reactions: Auspete
Have had my goggles for a week and I'm sorry to report that the novelty of them has warn off very quickly.
I've purchased most new DJI products over the last 3 years and have had much enjoyment out of them.
Having bulky goggles sitting on my head that I can't get the sharpness out of the image that I can out of my iPhone or iPad makes them seem a bit pointless. They are good for close in shots but that's about it.
I much prefer to see my surroundings with the naked eye. Wish I had ordered a Spark instead.
Thats my initial thoughts anyway
I SOOO AGREE WITH YOU!! after I figured out how to set it up(what a pain in the butt) I am in construction and have dry hands making the side pad near impossible to use, by the time I got it linked to my mavic I was ready to put them back in the box and return them. also no matter how I put them on my head they slid down when I put them up also everyone said they felt so light BULL they feel VERY heavy when left up thus causing them to slide down, honestly if you can deal with using your phone with some vr goggles I promise you will be MUCH HAPPIER!! AND WATCHING MOVIES ON THEM ISNT THAT GREAT. when the newness wears off not many will have them.

I agree , I also was hyped the first few days I had them because that screen is amazing ! After flying for years with standard definition Fatsharks , Headplays and the Litchi / VR setup , I was impressed with the tech that Dji put into these . That curved theatre sized display with no screen door effect is great , even if I did need to wear reading glasses to see it clearly .

By the 3rd or 4th time flying with them I started asking myself do I really need them . Wearing glasses myself is really no big deal but whenever someone else wanted to try them out I could not simply say here ya go and expect them to be able to see as well . One of the main reasons to get them was to let others share in the flight . Next was they did not fit my head very well . If I made any quick movement with my head they started slipping out of place . They also fogged up and wearing glasses only made that worse since you introduce another set of lenses between your eyes and the display . Fatshark solved this a couple years ago with a tiny fan .

Bottom line is they are awesome tech but not quite thought out well enough to please the masses . I decided to Ebay them while I could still recoup my money . I turned around and bought a Ipad Mini4 celluar 64Gb so I could have a dedicated display and not rely on my phone . I've never had a problem with my Android but time to give apple a chance to impress me :)

I have come from a long list of goggles like the fat sharks etc. I am pleased with these and have no regrets but to each their own I guess.
Quality is good and yes they are heavy but I have had nothing but success with them in getting some shots I have been trying to get before I bought them. Plus no need for a lens hood lol.

Are they bulky yes they are, did they take away from the compact of the mavic, yes they did. But I am living with it just fine.

I have come from a long list of goggles like the fat sharks etc. I am pleased with these and have no regrets but to each their own I guess.
Quality is good and yes they are heavy but I have had nothing but success with them in getting some shots I have been trying to get before I bought them. Plus no need for a lens hood lol.

Are they bulky yes they are, did they take away from the compact of the mavic, yes they did. But I am living with it just fine.

I tried them on when I first got them two weeks ago to set them up and they were very heavy on my head and did not fit the shape of my head. I put a baseball cap on backwards and it seem to keep the goggles from sliding.

Unfortunately two days later I ended up with a pinched nerve in my neck and I had to have an MRI to see what's going on. I do have a prior problem with my neck. I wish DJ would make smaller and lighter ones for smaller people.

I think it's a either they work or they don't for people.
Cannot go and make 3 versions it is already adjustable and I get it not everyone is skinny or fat or tall or short we are all different but they did try with the sizing on it. I am sorry they are not working for you.
Maybe they should post the sizing like fits X to y width etc.

Reactions: Daryls2000
I think it's a either they work or they don't for people.
Cannot go and make 3 versions it is already adjustable and I get it not everyone is skinny or fat or tall or short we are all different but they did try with the sizing on it. I am sorry they are not working for you.
Maybe they should post the sizing like fits X to y width etc.

I see other people are having the same problem. It's a design problem they're made to be flipped up and they just are not balanced very well they have the batteries built in. Some of the others googles have the batteries separate.

I'm going to try to get my neck back in shape and then I will try again. If not I'll sell them.

I don't expect the novelty to wear off. I am always on the hunt for the good cinematic shot, and sometimes the detail on my iPad Pro just isn't good enough on a very bright sunny day. The goggles completely solves that problem- I don't miss a thing on the goggles. Proximity flying is WAY better and easier as well.

Having flown Fatshark and Skyzone goggles for over four years- this is absolute heaven. It's like moving from urban blight to a uptown high rise.

Do you own a pair they are very heavy
I do and honestly as I mentioned above they are but after I take off and fold down the front and take a second to adjust the somewhat comfort level I start to fly and everything else is mute. I get so emerresed I just enjoy the ride.
But with saying that after 10-15min I am done.
It just that I am so free and enjoying the sceneries that it becomes too real and I need to take a break.

None of my words above are a joke or meant to be I am being so straight forward.

I can totally respect that, as they say there's a butt for every seat and a pair of goggles for everyone. I guess I haven't found mine yet, I'm really glad you like them it is a wonderful thing but they just aren't for me happy flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair