DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now forced to use DJI GO 4 (Now unusable!!)

morgish

Reactions
The app no longer allows you to use the DJI GO app, forces you to use DJI GO 4.

Using a Android Moto G4 plus, the same phone phone I've been since I bought the Mavic, without issue.

Now I cannot fly due to constant video dropouts. Tried restarting the phone and loading the app fresh, same issue.

Options?

Simple just use DJI Assistant 2 and roll back the firmware to .0400 then ignore the nag screens about needing updating.

Rob

Reactions: Soundtekk
Even if you roll back now, eventually you'll be forced, or want the additional functionality the new app provides.

So try to clean up your device. WiFi off, airplane mode on, video caching off. I use an old Galaxy S4 and the above works wonders with go4.

Last edited:
The app no longer allows you to use the DJI GO app, forces you to use DJI GO 4.

Using a Android Moto G4 plus, the same phone phone I've been since I bought the Mavic, without issue.

Now I cannot fly due to constant video dropouts. Tried restarting the phone and loading the app fresh, same issue.

Options?
Simple just use DJI Assistant 2 and roll back the firmware to .0400 then ignore the nag screens about needing updating.

Rob
you can also use GO4 to roll back your firmware just hold the three (3) bar icon in the upper right for five (5) seconds.
Regards,
-d.

He's talking about GO3 having removed support for the Mavic and thus needing to use GO4, nothing to do with firmware...

He's talking about GO3 having removed support for the Mavic and thus needing to use GO4, nothing to do with firmware...
I was providing him with the option of rolling back the firmware so he could still use his device (post#2) it is only a temp solution but will keep him in the air until he can get a new device.
Regards,
-d.

Doesn't worked for me!I had to use A2 to do so...
hmm... on the opening screen where it just shows the picture of the phantom, the three parallel horizontal lines in the right corner?
I have not had any issues.
Regards,
-d.

hmm... on the opening screen where it just shows the picture of the phantom, the three parallel horizontal lines in the right corner?
I have not had any issues.
Regards,
-d.

Yep! I've tried it sooo many times and it simply didn't work. I tried restart the app, the phone, the Mavic... everything! It just failed all the times.
So for the first time I tried the Assistant 2 and finally it worked!

I also have my problems with GO4 app. Lagging and crashing after a few minutes of flight. For me I found out that Litchi is much more robust on Android. Maybe give it a try.

How would downgrading firmware allow him to use DJI GO 3 again?? o_O
My thought was the older firmware was still compatible with the old app, just suggesting a possible alternative; not trying to frustrate anyone.
Regards,
-d.

The new firmware is also compatible with GO3, the problem is that the newest version of GO3 does not have anything Mavic-related anymore, support has been completely removed.

The only thing he can do is source an older version of GO3.

Reactions: Bunny Too
For those that use Apple devices, don't trust the turn off auto App updates.
I have been running the older version of Go 3 for awhile just because it supported both the Mavic and the P4. I have always kept auto updates turned off in the App Store, however some how or another, all App updates pushed thru yesterday without my permission. I am really bummed about it too.
Anyone here have this happen to them?
I'm running IOS 10.3 on a IPad Air 2.
Now, I'm forced to use Go 4 regardless for the Mavic and P4. I still have to keep Go 3 for all of my Phantoms and Inspire 1's..

Did your iPad has wi-fi turned on or in some data plan?
Wifi has always been turned on since I have had the IPad. For months I have had the choice to update if I chose. Update notifications would show up on their respective app icons. Auto App updates has always been turned off in main settings. Even after every app updated, the auto update was still tuned off. Really bizarre behavior. Some how the auto update was bypassed.

Ok, I believe I have figured out what has happened and we can thank DJI for this? (Not!)
When Go 4 version 4.0.3 was released, DJI had incorporated a new auto update feature into that version. I have updated Go 4, but not Go 3 as 3 had the 32 channel hack and I used that with my P4. When Go 4 wants to auto update, It turns on the auto update within the IOS settings, then completes the update. Then it turns auto update back off in settings. The main problem with this is that all other apps on the IPad update as well during Go 4's update.
This is a very serious flaw and takes away our rights to choose whether or not we update our other apps. The other problem is that Apple is letting DJI get away with it. Now I can no longer fly my P4 with the hack and have lost major range with video feed using Go 4. Shame on DJI! This is one way they force you to buy the P4P. Very predatoreal on DJI's behalf.

After posting this I had a OS update to Nougat.

Had much better results after the update. Will continue to test and report.

I am relatively new to iOS devices.
I flew today for the first time with an iPad mini 4, Go 4 4.0.6 and the fw downgraded to .0400
What a wonderful flawless experience!
No glitches nor app crashes.

I need to follow more about these tips and reports about iOS and its behavior. I'll take a look on this settings and auto updates.

Reactions: Drone Master
I am relatively new to iOS devices.
I flew today for the first time with an iPad mini 4, Go 4 4.0.6 and the fw downgraded to .0400
What a wonderful flawless experience!
No glitches nor app crashes.

I need to follow more about these tips and reports about iOS and its behavior. I'll take a look on this settings and auto updates.
This really only effects the ones who use Go 3 and Go 4 with their Mavic and P4.
However, the breach with the Auto update in IOS? This is a major problem!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE