DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now that I have the bug a P4 deal came along

Earthdog

Reactions
So I have been waiting on my first drone a Mavic. My friend just came across and deal from a friend of his for a Phantom 4 with PolarPro 6 filter set, 3 batteries, 6" USB to iPhone Lightning cable, PolarPro gimbal guard, microSD card + reader, controller lanyard, and extra props. Original packaging 20 hours of flight time and supposedly never crashed.

All for $700.00

With the delays on the Mavic I am starting to think start here and get a Mavic 2.0.... Thoughts or suggestions.

That sure seems like a decent price - maybe even such that you could fly it for a while and be able to sell it again later without it costing you a whole lot to own it. Is this all hobby / recreational flying that you are planning to do?

Currently it's a hobby. I do have thoughts of using something like for construction inspections based on what I do today. However I don't see me getting that skilled in the immediate future lots of RC learning ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

If you have lots of RC learning ahead of you, I would strongly consider going the less expensive route to get started. If you do have an accident, you will not feel quite as bad and only have 1/2 the money at risk. The Phantom 4 is still a very new and capable drone for some fun hobby flying. By the time you consider taking it to another level - there is certainly going to be something else new to purchase. Now this all is based on the fact that the P4 you are considering is in good shape and has not been crashed (as they represent it to be).

So I have been waiting on my first drone a Mavic. My friend just came across and deal from a friend of his for a Phantom 4 with PolarPro 6 filter set, 3 batteries, 6" USB to iPhone Lightning cable, PolarPro gimbal guard, microSD card + reader, controller lanyard, and extra props. Original packaging 20 hours of flight time and supposedly never crashed.

All for $700.00

With the delays on the Mavic I am starting to think start here and get a Mavic 2.0.... Thoughts or suggestions.

Having owned both, that's a hard decision. That is an incredible price for the lot and I would think that P4 would retain the value for several months. If it's an option, have you considered buying the P4, practicing with it, then upgrading to the Mavic? You could simply sell the P4 at this point...Or the Mavic if you love the P4. Both are great aircraft, with pros and cons to each. Also, having worked construction and seen P4s used by our sub-contractor, having extra batteries included is a definite bonus.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake