DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NVIDIA K1 TABLET

Last edited:
Enable developer options and USB debugging.
Regards,
-d

I'm using the K1 tablet running the latest android 7.0 and the DJI GO 4 app. It works fine. Only on one occasion a few days ago the app crashed and needed to restart. Mavic hovered and I still could fly with the RC. When app came back online link was reconnected.

Does the Shield come in a version with a SIM slot? Not wanting a WiFi only tablet. Also does the K1 fit within the Mavic Controller brackets, or do you need a separate mount?

Does the Shield come in a version with a SIM slot? Not wanting a WiFi only tablet. Also does the K1 fit within the Mavic Controller brackets, or do you need a separate mount?

I don't think it has a SIMM slot and it will only fit with either a slight modification or an adaptor.

20170220_121102.jpg

doesn´t have a sim and u need a separate mount, i have one.:)

I don't think it has a SIMM slot and it will only fit with either a slight modification or an adaptor.

View attachment 7919

Thanks, so I would just need to tether it to a device with cellular access if I wanted it to have an internet connection out in the field. Such as I thought. How do you like the display for flying in brightly lit conditions? I heard this was the best option.

Thanks, so I would just need to tether it to a device with cellular access if I wanted it to have an internet connection out in the field. Such as I thought. How do you like the display for flying in brightly lit conditions? I heard this was the best option.
The apple mini 4 and pro are better than this in the sun, however for those of us who do not do apple this is one of the best choices; ensure you do not update the firmware to 7.0, nougat is having issues with GO 4 app right now, keep it at 6.0. or 5.0.1. Mavmount makes a good holder for the shield.
Regards,
-d.

The apple mini 4 and pro are better than this in the sun, however for those of us who do not do apple this is one of the best choices; ensure you do not update the firmware to 7.0, nougat is having issues with GO 4 app right now, keep it at 6.0. or 5.0.1. Mavmount makes a good holder for the shield.
Regards,
-d.
Great to know. I really am more of an IOS guy but I'm getting terrible results with my iPhone 6 plus. Like it's almost impossible to see, even with the brightness maxed out, a sunshade and standing "just so" with my back to the sun. I'd really rather not spring for an Android device if it's not going to make a pretty dramatic improvement.

Great to know. I really am more of an IOS guy but I'm getting terrible results with my iPhone 6 plus. Like it's almost impossible to see, even with the brightness maxed out, a sunshade and standing "just so" with my back to the sun. I'd really rather not spring for an Android device if it's not going to make a pretty dramatic improvement.
I have the shield, and with the matte screen protector and a huge sun shade box it is decent but if you are already into apple I would not switch. We are having a lot of difficulty with the GO 4 app right now. I am actually thinking of moving to a mini 4 or waiting for the crystal sky. And this is from someone who last used an apple in 1983.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: landcruisers
I have the shield, and with the matte screen protector and a huge sun shade box it is decent but if you are already into apple I would not switch. We are having a lot of difficulty with the GO 4 app right now. I am actually thinking of moving to a mini 4 or waiting for the crystal sky. And this is from someone who last used an apple in 1983.
Regards,
-d.

Thanks! That definitely seals the deal for me I wasn't really itching to switch platforms, for sure!! I have access to a Mini 4 to test with, so I think I'll give it a whirl to see how much better it might be than my current 6 Plus.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Thanks! That definitely seals the deal for me I wasn't really itching to switch platforms, for sure!! I have access to a Mini 4 to test with, so I think I'll give it a whirl to see how much better it might be than my current 6 Plus.
And with the iPad you can download DJI "GS PRO" or ground station pro app, it looks pretty cool, check it out on the DJI webpage.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: landcruisers
I am using k1 updated to 7 nougat big mistake go4 would crash every 8 mins just updated mavic to 500 and it's got worse every 4 mins now so I'm using litchi no problems and I can plug my fatsharks into it so no sunlight issues .

I was a pro-android guy until I got this drone. I have used my galaxy note4 and a Shield K1. I have experienced numerous DJI Go4 app crashes with both. I recently (reluctantly) bought a IPad mini4 and am VERY happy with its performance. No app crashes (knock on wood) yet. I returned the shield to Amazon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo