DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 advice

There was a Nvidia software update for the K1 (5.1) not had chance to fly to see if it's more/less stable

I hope this crash problem is not due to a DJI voluntary policy as DJI wants to promote soon their expensives glasses! o_O

out today with mavic, nvidia on 5.1.DJI GO 4 App crashed twice in 25 minute flight. tested litchi and had no issues with it over the next 75 minutes. Didn't use the autonimous flight modes with litchi as had an email the other day saying they had isues after the latest DJI mavic update.

Last edited:
Reactions: SYC12 and CyberNate
If I get a k1 can it be stable, what must I do to have no disconnects

Howdy all, has anyone seen any improvement with the update that dropped yesterday (3.14) regarding android nougat and the Shield specifically? It has been too windy outside for me to test anything.
Regards,
-d.

Noob question, does the Nvidia Shield has built in GPS?

I have a Nokia N1 tablet lying around the house, but it doesn't have built in GPS, therefore making it pretty useless with my Mavic.

Thanks

If you want to use the Follow Me feature and/or be able to reset the home point to your location after taking off, then you'll need to use a mobile device that contains a GPS receiver. If you do not plan to use those features, then there is no advantage to using a mobile device with a GPS receiver.

Reactions: kuyawil
I think i found today the way too stop this disconect and Crash APP. i have shield k1 Android 7.0 i install APP call greenify from play store i install, when i go fly stop all background program and enter dji go4 only and fly. I make this 2 Times and 1h fly and no more crashes and disconect. Sorry my english

I need more feedback
Think is problem
Bad memory management by Dji app v4

Reactions: Bunny Too
I think i found today the way too stop this disconect and Crash APP. i have shield k1 Android 7.0 i install APP call greenify from play store i install, when i go fly stop all background program and enter dji go4 only and fly. I make this 2 Times and 1h fly and no more crashes and disconect. Sorry my english

I need more feedback
Think is problem
If you can figure this out you will be a hero, make sure you post your findings.
Regards,
-d.

so I've got an 8 inch galaxy s2 tablet now, that cost me 350 that I can return and get a k1 for 199 instead... what would you do? The S2 has an awesome screen... does the k1 have the same? I DO plan to use the FPV googles some day... that is what's putting me into returning the s2..

Reactions: BigMotor

I need more feedback
Think is problem
I purchased the app and it does look like a possible solution, good looking out, we will see over time. Thank you.
Regards,
-d

This app looks very promising
Hey SYC12, I agree if it mitigates the issues (my shield tends to freeze more often than cash) it would be amazing.
Regards,
-d.

Hey SYC12, I agree if it mitigates the issues (my shield tends to freeze more often than cash) it would be amazing.
Regards,
-d.
We already have one positive feedback about this app. Now waiting for yours. Haven't touch MP for three weeks due to k1 crash issue/work

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851