DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 advice

Ordered a K1, shipping arrive tomorrow, very excited.
However, I wanna clarify, should I update the 7.0 OTA update? As I read here that Go4 app crashes on Nougat? Should I stay with 6.0 marshmallow?

Thanks

Definitevely avoid Nougat update if you want Go4 working! No problem with Marsmallow.

How are your cables? Do the plugs firmly fit into the controller and K1?
FlyingMavic,

Thanks for your suggestion. By using another cable and change some of the parameters within GO4 & K1, the crash issue seems under control now thru 2 batteries. I will also add to pressure air and cleaning cable connectors in my preflight list.

noob here, had to downgrade nvidia shield k1, what a pain... that said, couldn't get the marshmellow downgrade to take, so ended up with lollipop, anybody aware if there are drawbacks or benefits with the mavic that i should stick with lollipp? or do i need to upgrade to marshmellow, my fear is if i do that it will auto update back to nougat in the process... any thoughts would be appreciated! the video output for glyphs worked great for me on nougat, app crashed every flight at least once thought so had to try the downgrade, haven't tried the glyphs on lollipop yet, stupid rain...

noob here, had to downgrade nvidia shield k1, what a pain... that said, couldn't get the marshmellow downgrade to take, so ended up with lollipop, anybody aware if there are drawbacks or benefits with the mavic that i should stick with lollipp? or do i need to upgrade to marshmellow, my fear is if i do that it will auto update back to nougat in the process... any thoughts would be appreciated! the video output for glyphs worked great for me on nougat, app crashed every flight at least once thought so had to try the downgrade, haven't tried the glyphs on lollipop yet, stupid rain...
Lollipop will work just fine, no issues. 5.01 is what CrystalSky is using.

awesome! thanks for the quick response bunny! just noticed the shield wants to do an "OTA rom" update. and "about" shows android 5.1.1 as the current android system, not sure if that is much different than 5.01 or not? is the OTA rom update something specific for the shield that needs to be updated or should i pretty much ignore all updates and just dismiss them? at this point the shield is only being used for the purpose of flying the mavic so not really downloading any apps or other junk. just paranoid cuz i don't want to go thru the hassle of downgrading again! fly high open eyes! thanks again bunny!

awesome! thanks for the quick response bunny! just noticed the shield wants to do an "OTA rom" update. and "about" shows android 5.1.1 as the current android system, not sure if that is much different than 5.01 or not? is the OTA rom update something specific for the shield that needs to be updated or should i pretty much ignore all updates and just dismiss them? at this point the shield is only being used for the purpose of flying the mavic so not really downloading any apps or other junk. just paranoid cuz i don't want to go thru the hassle of downgrading again! fly high open eyes! thanks again bunny!
5.1.1 is good; if you are using the Shield as a dedicated device ignore all updates. My preferred setting are: use "greenify" (a free app) to hibernate everything in the background, run on max performance mode. Enable developer options and USB debugging (to reduce video latency) and I "custom optimized" the app to max out everything.

Just what I needed to hear! Thanks again so much for your help bunny! a bit cloudy but think the rain has stopped for a bit, greenfly installed and lollipop enabled, fingers crossed! take care

2dcaceb809efe21a2021115a8b908c3c.jpg

Thanks BD0G they look great, clips are snug and the battery covers are great :)
Hi, I am new to this forum and saw this. I have an Nvidia Shield K1 and really like this setup. Where did you get the .stl file for printing?
Thank, Rob

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The clips doesn't work for cable management. Just search for my earlier post.

Let me know if you dont receive them as I have printed a bunch of sets for members here and ship within one day typically. Plus you get a choice of colors. :p
I have been known to include other goodies as well. :)

Hi, what material did you use. I can order them just around the corner, but can order in PLA, colorfab HT, Ultimaker CPE+, etc.
Don't know what to choose

I've been using marshmallow and haven't had any problems at all!! I'd personally stay away from nougat for the time being!!!

"In terms of battery life, Nvidia is claiming you'll get 10 hours watching/surfing the web and about five hours from gaming with its 19.75 Wh battery. This is up 3.75 Wh up from Google's Nexus 7 equivalent and from our experiential tests, we found those figures to be fairly accurate if not a best case scenario. It will pretty much last you all day, but you'll still want to let it sip juice every night." (techradar)

That's the only problem I've seen with my Nvidia shield K1, the battery goes down pretty fast! Or at least mine does, I've paid ALOT to get the Nvidia shield k1 charger which is 2.5 amp charge but it doesn't charge fast like you'd think it would and when it is charged and I'm flying the battery goes down to needing to be charged with the booster pack I carry for it! Does any or everyone else have the same issue??? Or just mine?? Because I've been considering calling Nvidia to ask if this was normal or not,

Ordered a K1, shipping arrive tomorrow, very excited.
However, I wanna clarify, should I update the 7.0 OTA update? As I read here that Go4 app crashes on Nougat? Should I stay with 6.0 marshmallow?

Thanks

STAY With MARSHMALLOW!!! LoL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00