DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 advice

Blocks the Remote Controller screen
s-l1600.jpg

There are 2 widths of S clips that have been designed for the NVidia Shield currently. I was just noting that those clips are the narrow ones. Nothing wrong with those as they will do the job. Some like the wider version as it supports a wider area of the Nvidia K1 tablet.

Reactions: David_Paz
Are you able to reach the sticks okay with the Shield mounted?

Yes no issues using the sticks ... it feels wider than with my mobile but thats to be expected as it is wider :)

Looks very nice with the contrasting color!

I use mine without obstruction as well. One thing to note these clips are designed to not be too tight and create a bad rub spot on the outer edge of the Nvidia tablet. If you want a tighter fit a piece of tape applied to the inside edge and the excess trimmed would work.

I've ordered one of these for when my Mavic eventually turns up, couple of questions though.
1. Is the 16 GB drive space big enough or is a microSD card advised to upgrade?
2. What length of USB cable is suitable to connect to the RC
3. Where can I get the S clips I've ssen mentioned.

Thanks

16 Gigabytes is fine to run the DJI GO or DJI GO 4 app. It will allow up to 16 gigs for caching video to the device. On an average one battery flight shot in 2.7 K at 30 fps I use just about 10 gigs. 4 K at 30 fps will fill up more of course.
So as a rule of thumb 2.7 K @ 30 fps = 10 gig
If you flew multiple batteries the cache on the tablet would begin overwriting the first data in. FIFO - First in - First Out.
The actual footage that is usable would be stored on the Micro SD card within the Mavic so if you had a 32 Gig or 64 Gig card in the Mavic then all of the video /pics would be stored there.

12 inch cable is probably best as you will be using the lower USB cable input on the BOTTOM of the remote controller and not the one on the top left hand side. You "may" be able to get by with a 10 " or even 8" but I have not tested those lengths.

I currently produce the Nvidia S Clips. PM for details.

I've ordered one of these for when my Mavic eventually turns up, couple of questions though.
1. Is the 16 GB drive space big enough or is a microSD card advised to upgrade?
2. What length of USB cable is suitable to connect to the RC
3. Where can I get the S clips I've ssen mentioned.

Thanks

I picked up a 128GB micro sd card...

Post up after you notch the side for HDMI port access. I would like to see the chosen placement.

No notches required. :) :) :)

No notches required. :) :) :)
is that because you are not using HDMI output port? Where is the location of HDMI port in your picture? Is it located below or above the cable?
So many questions because I am still waiting for Mavic and don't have K1 yet.

is that because you are not using HDMI output port? Where is the location of HDMI port in your picture? Is it located below or above the cable?
So many questions because I am still waiting for Mavic and don't have K1 yet.

No just rotate the tablet and the S clip does not block the ports. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3