DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 advice

Anthony, I have a quick question. What is the material of these Z clips? Are they made of plastic? is there the possibility that they can scratch the Nvidia?

Yes they made from plastic and it is possible but i have a bit of cloth on the edge of the shield the kind you get with specticals to stop that from happening.

That's what I bought too. I know they had trouble with the knurling on the arm but mine seems pretty strong and I'm very happy with it. I love that it makes the screen appear larger which is the point, right ;)
I'm using it a lot, and no problems so far.
It seems not everyone is so happy, perhaps build quality can be different from store to store...

2dcaceb809efe21a2021115a8b908c3c.jpg

Thanks BD0G they look great, clips are snug and the battery covers are great :)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Muzza80
I used the same principle of that design but did my own as I had removed some of the rubber from the controller grips to fit a different tablet but I'm so happy with the result, snug fit but not to tight..

Attachments

• 20170204_123707_resized.jpg
    20170204_123707_resized.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 172
  • 20170204_123345_resized.jpg
    20170204_123345_resized.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 143
  • 20170204_121025_resized_1.jpg
    20170204_121025_resized_1.jpg
    943.4 KB · Views: 150
To all Nvidia Shield K1 users: Beware that the internal map function may not be stable. Recently, I had two K1's and they both had map/GPS bugs. The little "N" on the navigation radar icon would rotate around like a second hand. You can tell if yours has issues by opening up the Maps application and pressing the home icon. If the map starts to spin after a few second, ya got bugs!

I used the same principle of that design but did my own as I had removed some of the rubber from the controller grips to fit a different tablet but I'm so happy with the result, snug fit but not to tight..

Where did you get the skin for the the Mavic controller?

To all Nvidia Shield K1 users: Beware that the internal map function may not be stable. Recently, I had two K1's and they both had map/GPS bugs. The little "N" on the navigation radar icon would rotate around like a second hand. You can tell if yours has issues by opening up the Maps application and pressing the home icon. If the map starts to spin after a few second, ya got bugs!
Hmmm need to check this ...

I have the Shield predecessor of K1 that i use more then a year and never noticed any bugs on the map.
I'll check itIMG_1949.JPG

Did you manage to resolve the issue?

For some reason, there is a bit of compass "drift" when using my K1. I have found that an occasional CW/CCW rotation of the controller/tablet seems to reset the orientation. Kinda silly, but it sorta works until a firmware fix comes around.

No tried my K1 yet as waiting for the Mount to turn up. I did not bother with the 32GB 4G model as I can share Wireless from my Note 4! I also have the Fatshark Dominator V3 and odered one of these Alloy Mounts.

PGY-DJI-Mavic-Pro-remote-control-Accessories-7-10-Pad-Mobile-Phone-Holder-aluminum-Flat-Bracket.jpg_640x640.jpg

So I tried one of the £15 mounts off eBay and I'm not impressed, it feels heavy, cumbersome and not very secure, like it won't hold very well so I'm having another 3D printed mount made which will stand the Shield away from the controller enough not to interfere with my hands..Capture.JPG 20170206_200845_resized.jpg 20170206_200825_resized.jpg

2dcaceb809efe21a2021115a8b908c3c.jpg

Thanks BD0G they look great, clips are snug and the battery covers are great :)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I just found out that there is one problem with the setup like yours. Like mine, you will connect HDMI cable to the right side of K1. After you select mirror mode in K1, K1 screen will oriented upside down. Sigh....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom