DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 advice

I bought a Nvidia K1 to use with my Mavic, no go, have not been able to make a flight without multiple software crashes with DJI Go 4, works perfect with Litchi. Any suggestions??

Sent from my XT1650 using MavicPilots mobile app

5f1e061c6292308831d515f01d41d0bb.jpg

This shows both ports available with the clips installed.
7a4a4bc5ca96d4bac8863d8c8201fcf3.jpg

This is how I prevent the tablet from slipping. A small strip of sticky backed fabric on each clip.
Works a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: The Flying Geko
I didnt bother with this type of Holder.

1482861630708761346.jpeg

Cheap Plastic and the extension arm is way too long!

5f1e061c6292308831d515f01d41d0bb.jpg

This shows both ports available with the clips installed.
7a4a4bc5ca96d4bac8863d8c8201fcf3.jpg

This is how I prevent the tablet from slipping. A small strip of sticky backed fabric on each clip.
Works a treat.

Please check post #139 of this thread for a question to you.

I bought a Nvidia K1 to use with my Mavic, no go, have not been able to make a flight without multiple software crashes with DJI Go 4, works perfect with Litchi. Any suggestions??

Sent from my XT1650 using MavicPilots mobile app

You might try disabling "screen rotation" before running DJI GO 4. This fixed crashes on my Pixel XL.

I just found out that there is one problem with the setup like yours. Like mine, you will connect HDMI cable to the right side of K1. After you select mirror mode in K1, K1 screen will oriented upside down. Sigh....
The "z" project abandoned. It doesn't work for me. Order another tablet holder.

Thanks to BDOG for the clips and stick protectors, just need a Mavic now.

Mavic.png

I just bought some Fatshark Dom V3 goggles that I will be using with my tiny FPV racers. Are we saying I'll be able to fly my Mavic with these goggles if I buy a K1?

Last edited:
In other Shield K1 news I've come home to see the Nougat update is available :) downloading now

Really?
Let us know if it's okay with the DJI GO4 app and all, please?
I'm always a little in worry with OS upgrades and app compatibilty (or with memory footprint, or the like).

Really?
Let us know if it's okay with the DJI GO4 app and all, please?
I'm always a little in worry with OS upgrades and app compatibilty (or with memory footprint, or the like).

I've not had chance to fly with the update yet (it's snowing in the UK) but the app boots up fine and appears to run ok.

I've not had chance to fly with the update yet (it's snowing in the UK) but the app boots up fine and appears to run ok.

Ok... Thanks for your feedback. Will wait for some real flight test just in case... :)

Yes indeed. Used the app on 6.1 and yesterday the Shield told me an update could be downloaded and installed. I took the plunge and went for it. After that tested the app and connected to RC and drone, checked all settings, menus and started motors (in house). Did not yet made a flight, will do on Sunday. I must say that Nvidia is fast with it's updates.

And that's on a Nvidia Shield K1 right?

Yes indeed. Used the app on 6.1 and yesterday the Shield told me an update could be downloaded and installed. I took the plunge and went for it. After that tested the app and connected to RC and drone, checked all settings, menus and started motors (in house). Did not yet made a flight, will do on Sunday. I must say that Nvidia is fast with it's updates.

Cool! Thanks very much for the precision. Keep us posted after having fly the "beast" then! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake