DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 & Fatshark Dominator 3 - Has anyone ever had this working?

sdemmery

Reactions
Hi Guys

Got a Nvidia Shield yesterday as my iPhone 6 battery life was so bad. Anyway the big plus going for the shield over the iPad is the HDMI out however i cannot for the life of me get this to work. Shield to TV works fine, Macbook to Fatsharks works fine. I know a lot of people are mentioning getting shields for this purpose but have any of you actually got it to work?

My suspicion is that this is going to be a no go & its down to a resolution issue. The Tablet pushes 1920x1080 out where the FS's require 720p. If you switch the tablet to "console mode" (not mirror) the goggles do work with the tablet, but that turns off the display (touch still works) & puts you only into the Nvidia Hub application for gaming, you cannot access DJI GO4.

All the videos Ive seen with goggles working with the Shield Tab have been with Cinimizer goggles these are different to the fat sharks as they accept true 1080p.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Stuart

I run the Fat Shark Dominator V3 w/ Shield an have no issues. I'm using Cinemizers

I'm confused are you running Dominators or Ciniemizers or both? Any tips on getting the doms working would be greatly received

stuart

LOL Both...I'll connect my Fatsharks right now and get back to you

Reactions: sdemmery
LOL Both...I'll connect my Fatsharks right now and get back to you
No issues...I have HDMI from FS to Shield (mirror mode). the is a little black switch on the lower left of the of the FS that needs to be in the "0" position when using HDMI

No issues...I have HDMI from FS to Shield (mirror mode). the is a little black switch on the lower left of the of the FS that needs to be in the "0" position when using HDMI

yep I'm selecting mirror & have the switch on the FS's at 0 still no go I wonder if its the version of android that I'm running I did all the latest updates says I'm running Android 6.0.1 any chance you could check your version? Do you have an original Shield or the K1 (think thats a later version & is what I have) Reassuring to know that this combo does work but annoying that mine does not...yet :-/ I read over on FPVLAB other guys having the same issue so was a bit concenred

K1..once thing I did notice is that when the Shield goes into Sleep mode I then have to reconnect HDMI

Where can I find the version on Android? I'm an Apple guy;)

K1..once thing I did notice is that when the Shield goes into Sleep mode I then have to reconnect HDMI
I'm connecting & disconnecting like a mad man still nothing. If i switch to console mode this does seem to work but obviously no use as it turns the screen off & launches the Nvidia game hub with no access to DJI Go. Buddy of mine works for google & has just told me he believes that the Shield switchs resolutions when in console mode. Also notice that when i plug my FS's into my MacBook the screen auto resizes (down) and this works perfect. Different cable though, wonder if i have cable issues, Im using the white one that came with the Fatsharks. So annoyed right now, hate it when stuff that should work doesn't :-/

Found it 6.0.1
Lol Im an apple guy too this is my first venture to the dark side for 10 years, went apple & have never looked back (until now :-()

So same version as me, I'm stumped, maybe the cable or my tablet is faulty, which would be odd as it outputs to my LCD TV just fine

I'm using the white cord also...the is a HDMI setting under Android settings check it out. My battery just died.

yep done that checked both then unchecked them, no change. May do a hard reset on the shield see if that makes any difference, really Appreciate your help thanks

yep done that checked both then unchecked them, no change. May do a hard reset on the shield see if that makes any difference, really Appreciate your help thanks
Let me know the prognosis

Did a reset, no difference, finally gave in and ordered another from Amazon, will be here tomorrow who knows i might end up sending both back :-(

Good luck

Just an update, not good I'm afraid, Second Nvidia Shield turned up today did nothing with it, no upgrades or anything plugged in the HDMI to the Dominator V3s clicked mirror on the tablet & again nothing exactly the same. Upgraded all the software on the Tablet tried again still no go.

I have no idea now why yours works & mine wont we seem to have identical hardware & software might just have to give up feeling really defeated at the moment hate not getting stuff to work :-(

Stuart

Just an update, not good I'm afraid, Second Nvidia Shield turned up today did nothing with it, no upgrades or anything plugged in the HDMI to the Dominator V3s clicked mirror on the tablet & again nothing exactly the same. Upgraded all the software on the Tablet tried again still no go.

I have no idea now why yours works & mine wont we seem to have identical hardware & software might just have to give up feeling really defeated at the moment hate not getting stuff to work :-(

Stuart
Very strange

maybe a stupid question you are selecting hdmi input on the sharks , it works on my k1 and dominators and if i can get any of this tech to work then anybody should , being of an age when a calculator was top tech in my teens .

maybe a stupid question you are selecting hdmi input on the sharks , it works on my k1 and dominators and if i can get any of this tech to work then anybody should , being of an age when a calculator was top tech in my teens .

I gave up on this and went for an iPad Mini 4 with Airplay dongle which works great, but ya know I've never used the goggles with the mavic after all that just seems better with the iPad mini to me.

All that said I did find out what the issue was... My dominators actually have a fault! I ordered a second shield & that was the same, then borrowed my brothers dominators & bam! worked first time. Ive no idea what the issue is as my Doms are perfect in every other way. As I said though bit pointless now as I don't like using them with the Man.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580