DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OA saved my Mavic today

That was neat to watch, cool how the technology is coming for avoidance tech

Reactions: Wipster
Impressive! Where do you detect?

I currently am using a Etrac, congrats on your platinum ring, what a great find that is!
Thanks. I'm saving up for a CTX 3030. Being close to the ocean makes me want to hunt the shore. I kick myself for not getting the Etrac but the safari has been pulling lots of coin and jewelry out.

Thanks. I'm saving up for a CTX 3030. Being close to the ocean makes me want to hunt the shore. I kick myself for not getting the Etrac but the safari has been pulling lots of coin and jewelry out.

CTX would be awesome, but not sure on it's saltwater ability with the black sand mineralization. I run an Excal II for the water along with the AT Pro for backup and dry land. I hit Lake Michigan a bit.

Reactions: Lifted Chevy
I made a critical error today (low altitude) when planning a Litchi mission. I launched the mission and the Mavic's obstacle avoidance saved my butt, and Mavic.

Wow great footage showing the benefit's of AO. I recently flew my Mavic over a lake and tried Sport Mode. Got a little carried away and in the process of making a "swooping turn" it clipped a tree branch and crashed. Three of the four arms broke off, I sent it into DJI for repair ($369), they were quite responsive with quick turn around. Luckily it was covered by insurance (thanks State Farm).

Lesson learned after reviewing the flight log... JUST another example of "operator error". I should have been more closely monitoring my flight because I was actually flying backward at the time of the crash, but most important. BE VERY CAUTIOUS FLYING IN SPORT MODE, AO would not have prevented the crash either way.

Safe and enjoyable flying to all.

Joe

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627