DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oahu, Hawaii?

Hey Oscar808, I live a few blocks away from the Hilton. Where abouts will you be taking off? Been interested in catching the fireworks but noticed helicopter flying around doing the same thing.

I've seen several quadcopters in the past shooting the fireworks. Even a few near collisions.

Hey Oscar808, I live a few blocks away from the Hilton. Where abouts will you be taking off? Been interested in catching the fireworks but noticed helicopter flying around doing the same thing.

This past Friday they canceled the show. They said "technical issues." The helicopter was pretty much in a far distance so it was pretty safe to hover. Had multiple guys that day waiting for the fireworks. Ill be there again today. I usually get there around 6-630 and i park by the boat docks. Lmk if you down to go.

Yea that's the challenging part, avoiding other drones and vice versa. That is why i fly from a great distance and I'm hoping that no one crashes into me. Or sometimes I just launch straight up from where I park my car, that way I can keep a closer visual on my drone and others.

Aloha new Mavic owner I have had it a couple weeks now.
Aloha islandlife34! Welcome to the forum. Where have you been flying? Lately, the weather has been nice with no to slight winds around. At least from the south side of the island.

Reactions: Oscarjr808
First post to the forums. Been lurking for a long time. I am right now vacationing in Oahu. I brought my mavic along and just looking for a couple places to fly. I am currently staying at the Hale Koa, and moving later this week to the Marriot in Ko Olina. Would like to fly in the lagoons there, but not sure if that is allowed. Any ideas for me to fly and be courteous to everyone?

Thanks for the ideas

Mike

Aloha! I am a newbie here!

Glad to find this forum and especially this thread. I posted same inquiry in the DJI forum but didn't get any response.

I just picked up a new Mavic Pro yesterday to use for our out-of-the-country family trip soon. I like it for its portability. I'd like to practice before then, so I need your help/input on where I can legally fly the drone around here. I live in Waikele/Waipahu area, and based on the B4UFLY app, a lot of restricted area there. I am looking for the Leeward/Central and Honolulu/Waikkii areas but other areas in the island is fine too, in case we go around the island. Your input wil be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I tried flying at the Ala Moana Beach Park for about 20 minutes in beginners mode. I don't really know if it's allowed there but nobody stopped me. And it falls outside of the restricted zone when I checked the B4UFLY app.

Mahalo.

Reactions: dlkiddrone
Aloha! I am a newbie here!

Glad to find this forum and especially this thread. I posted same inquiry in the DJI forum but didn't get any response.

I just picked up a new Mavic Pro yesterday to use for our out-of-the-country family trip soon. I like it for its portability. I'd like to practice before then, so I need your help/input on where I can legally fly the drone around here. I live in Waikele/Waipahu area, and based on the B4UFLY app, a lot of restricted area there. I am looking for the Leeward/Central and Honolulu/Waikkii areas but other areas in the island is fine too, in case we go around the island. Your input wil be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I tried flying at the Ala Moana Beach Park for about 20 minutes in beginners mode. I don't really know if it's allowed there but nobody stopped me. And it falls outside of the restricted zone when I checked the B4UFLY app.

Mahalo.
I flew over at Diamond Head Lighthouse yesterday. I parked in the little parking lot on the side of the road, went down the trail a little bit away from everyone and launched. Stayed mostly over the ocean the whole time. I got great pics of the light house and of Diamond Head Crater. Flew 2 batteries. Will post some pics later.

I’m on Oahu now. Last time I was at Ko Olina the guys on the golf carts told me I could not fly? Is this true? The follow d me all over the cart path. I’m heading to the north shore soon and will do some flying by turtle bay. I have never had an issue there.

I’m on Oahu now. Last time I was at Ko Olina the guys on the golf carts told me I could not fly? Is this true? The follow d me all over the cart path. I’m heading to the north shore soon and will do some flying by turtle bay. I have never had an issue there.
Hey, the reason they kind of can tell you to leave is that Ko Olina is privately owned. I used to fly there all the time, but I launched from my driveway lol. But usually they make people stop because they are flying over people or pools and that not right or appropriate for a pilot to do. The end by the marina has a helipad also, so be very careful and land if you hear the tour helo coming in for a landing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851