DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Observations and a few question on video quality

pcalvin

Reactions
I ran some tests at the various resolutions and have concluded that I only want to film at IHD or HD settings. The image quality is so much lower at 1080, particularly when compared to even a DSLR at 1080. Also, I see that the quality really drops at higher frame rates. I find 60fps at 1080 pretty much unusable. That being said, the HD and UHD setting exported to 1080p, where video will be more often seen on the web, is excellent.

Do others see this as well? Or is it possibly an issue with my particular Mavic? Does your Mavic footage cut well with footage shot with DSLRs or video cameras? Are there LUTs available for grading with the log setting for use with FCPX?

Thanks

You can kiss 1080 goodbye from the Mavic, especially at 60fps. The quality is so terrible that I thought my camera was broken at first. 4k or 2.7k at 24/30 is the only way to go with this drone. Sad part about that is, no smooth slow motion.

I also see a few hot pixels in the DNGs. (Which look a whole lot better in Capture One than Lightroom) No a huge problem, just a little more time spotting them out of skies, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143