DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle avoid turned off and tried landing automatically. Crash.

waverider969

Reactions
So I was trying to burn off some low battery at 20% flying low in my yard testing the obstacle avoidance all was going good, then I get a signal about landing as I was flying straight into a fence and all of a sudden I get obstacle avoidance turned off message as my mavic slammed into the fence. What gives? I did not initiate landing. I had 15 percent left on battery. Why would it turn off obstacle avoidance in the last second of battery low power?? That's like saying who cares if you crash into something while coming down. 15% battery should not warrant that kind of nasty behavior in the first place.

Reactions: Egika
OA is turned off during auto land, which would be the case if you have set critical battery, level was reached and autoland initiated. looks like may have been a case of bad timing.

Reactions: couver
Try looking at your setting, it is set to auto land at a specific percentage and as said above the front OA may be off during landing (although the downward sensors are still active). I believe DJI recommends not discharging past 20% under normal circumstances unless you are doing a full discharge for battery conditioning.

It was 15 percent so I guess it was bad timing going toward a fence although I would think that such a hasty auto land at 15% wasn't necessary. What if I was over water and still had enough battery to get to land but the thing goes straight down.

It was 15 percent so I guess it was bad timing going toward a fence although I would think that such a hasty auto land at 15% wasn't necessary. What if I was over water and still had enough battery to get to land but the thing goes straight down.
Well you should never be in a situation like that with a low battery, if you are comfortable with it then change the setting to something lower. Just be aware that a battery can lose 5% very quickly depending on conditions like cold or trying to fight the wind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada