DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle avoidance causing slow speed

Andrew F

Reactions
Took out for a flight. No errors. Mavic would only fly a couple miles per hour. Turned off Obstacle avoidance and flew normally. Back on and slow speed again. Both forward facing cameras clean as can be. I've changed nothing (same app and firmware) since multiple perfect flights. Any quick ideas what might cause this?

Is it locked in tripod mode or in beginner mode?
As TD said use PC and Assistant2 to calibrate sensors.

Reactions: Former Member
Is it locked in tripod mode or in beginner mode?
As TD said use PC and Assistant2 to calibrate sensors.
No. Definitely not tripod or beginner. Acting like that though. I'll try calibrating but no reason for them to get out of calibration.

No. Definitely not tripod or beginner. Acting like that though. I'll try calibrating but no reason for them to get out of calibration.

Was it facing into the sun. A way to test this is to turn into the opposite direction and see if the speed is normal. If it is then is is being affected by the sun.

Was it facing into the sun. A way to test this is to turn into the opposite direction and see if the speed is normal. If it is then is is being affected by the sun.
No. Happened in all directions and elevations.

Had identical problem last weekend and was eventually able to resolve by doing a sensor recalibration in DJI Assistant 2 on the laptop

Had identical problem last weekend and was eventually able to resolve by doing a sensor recalibration in DJI Assistant 2 on the laptop
Did is just randomly appear or did you have an "event" prior to needing the recalibration?

I re-calibrated the forward and downward cameras and it got "better" but is still acting odd. When I apply full front throttle, it starts, then hesitates, and then engages. Never had an issue like this before. I can live with it, other than I don't like mysteries.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder