DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle Avoidance (OA) unavailable at night?

Linus Anakin

Reactions
Hi fellow Mavic owners,

I flew at night and found the OA turned off. Can I turn it back on?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Even when enabled, OA will auto disable itself if the lighting conditions are poor. There is no way to use OA when there is not sufficient light for it to "see".

Yeah, I found that out last night when I lifted off at my house and it gives me the warning that there is no accident avoidance. Actually when you think of it, it's not bad as we're not supposed to fly at night anyways.

Chip D - Omaha, Ne

Yeah, I found that out last night when I lifted off at my house and it gives me the warning that there is no accident avoidance. Actually when you think of it, it's not bad as we're not supposed to fly at night anyways.

Chip D - Omaha, Ne

Oh, but the city lights are always the prettiest at night. I dunno about you guys, but I find flying at night in the city the most exhilarating experience :)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Chip D - Omaha, Ne

If you're a hobbyist and not a 107 pilot, you can legally fly at night with a Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots