Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle Avoidance Problem

gunpilot

Reactions
Hi Guys
Noticed today when I went for a fly early in the morning that the mavic was;
a) flying so slow that it lookd like it was in Tripod Mode
b) when pressing RTH button on RC the Mavic rose to 20 metres, swung around to face the home location and then just started to climb, even past the max altitude set in DJI GO app.

Flicked to Sports Mode and flew Mavic back and landed.

I then tried flying with all the obstacle avoidance parameters turned on and a) & b) above was the result.

Then tried flying with all obstacle avoidance parameters turned on except for "RTH Obstacle Check" which was turned off and result was Mavic flew very slow (like Tripod Mode) but did return and land, albeit it very slowly, when RTH was pressed on RC.

After a lot of test flights I found that if Iturned "Enable Obstacle Avoidance" and "RTH Obstacle Check" both off then RTH functioned perfectly.

Also saw during all the test flights that 2 or 3 times when connecting RC to Mavic that a message
"Overall Status: Calibrate Vision Sensors with DJI AS2 on PC" was displayed.

Tried to use DJI Assistant 2 to calibrate sensors but kept getting message on screen to "Reboot Aircraft". Could not get past this error message to do the calibration - must hav tried at least 6 times.

Finally, I deleted the Assistant 2 App and reloaded. No better, still getting Reboot Aircraft" message when trying to get into the calibration function. Updated firmware to vers 1.01.0600 but still did not fix prob.

Deleted Assistant 2 app again and this time turned of my Kaspersky anti virus protection and downloaded DJI Assistant 2 again. Connected Mavic and opened Assistant 2 and to my absolute relief the app allowed me to cailbrate the sensors.

Went outside just before dark and tested with all obstacle avoidance parameters set to ON and Mavic performed as it should - not slow any more and when RTH was pressed it rose to set RTH height and returned home and landed on exact spot it took off from.

Have seen a number of other people complaining they cannot get into the sensor caibration function in DJI Assistant 2 and my thinking now being that the virus protection was stopping the DJI download from loading a driver or some other peice of s/w needed by the Assistant 2 app to allow sensor calibration function to perform.

Hope this may help others with sensor calibration function telling them to "Reboot Aircraft"

While I cannot comment on the "Reboot Aircraft" issue, having not experienced this, I do note that your problems occurred when you were flying early in the morning. Is it possible your MP's vision sensors were reacting to low sun?

While I cannot comment on the "Reboot Aircraft" issue, having not experienced this, I do note that your problems occurred when you were flying early in the morning. Is it possible your MP's vision sensors were reacting to low sun?
If his sensors reacted to low sun it would only cause Mavic to come to a false stop thinking that an obstacle was in the way, it would not cause the slow flight problem in all directions in all modes as OP has stated.

No....fully overcast and in any direction prob occurred. If you read my post you would have seen prob solved with sensor calibration......they were in need of retuning. Thanks for the thought but Im well aware of sun issue.

@gunpilot I just had the same thing happen. I was not so lucky. I had obstacle avoidance on RTH and the Mavic climb up to RTH Altitude and flew home and but then hit palm tree. Sending flight log and crashed Mavic in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121